₀₁₄.

Izzy's room was dimly lit by a single desk lamp, casting long shadows across the walls. Maya perched on the edge of Izzy's bed, her gaze curious as she glanced at her friend who was sitting on her desk chair.

"So, spill it," Maya said over the faint music playing. "How was it?" She didn't have to explain any more, as Izzy knew what she was talking about already.

Izzy sighed, running a hand through her hair. "It was fine." she replied, her tone guarded. "Nothing much happened."

Maya raised an eyebrow, unconvinced. "Come on, Izzy."

Izzy shifted on her spot. "I'm serious. It was awkward at first, but it ended up fine in the end."

Maya leaned back, her arms supporting her up. "Where did she take you?"

"To this new family owned restaurant," She shrugged. "And then to a cafe."

"It almost sounds like a date." Maya snickered.

Izzy rolled her eyes, a hint of annoyance flickering across her features. "It was not a date, Maya," she retorted, her voice tinged with defensiveness. "She had to make it up to me somehow. We're not even friends yet."

Maya chuckled, undeterred by Izzy's response. "Sure, sure." She teased, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "But are you gonna give her a chance and become friends with her?" Izzy sighed, feeling the weight of Maya's words pressing down on her. "I don't know, Maya," she admitted, her voice softening. "It's complicated."

"Because it sure seems CC wants to." The shorter girl looked over Izzy's phone that was laying on the bed.

"What do you mean?" Her brows furrowed in confusion.

"I mean, CC just texted you again."

Izzy stood up, reaching for her phone before unlocking it.

"What'd she say?" Maya asked as Izzy sat beside her now.

"She wants to hang out again." Izzy sighed.

Maya's eyebrows shot up in feigned surprise. "Wow, she's really persistent," She commented, a playful grin tugging at her lips. "Looks like she's not giving up on you."

Izzy's lips curved into a reluctant smile. "Yeah." She murmured, feeling a mixture of apprehension and curiosity stirring within her. "I guess she's serious about this whole making up thing."

Maya nudged Izzy playfully. "Well, what are you gonna do? Are you gonna hang out with her again?"

Izzy hesitated, her mind swirling with conflicting thoughts and emotions. "No," she scoffed, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "I'm not sure," she admitted a second later.

Maya tilted her head, studying Izzy's expression curiosity. "I mean, it seems like you're not totally against the idea of hanging out with her again."

Izzy sighed, her shoulders slumping slightly. "It's just... complicated," she replied, her voice softening. "I don't know if I'm ready to let my guard down with her yet, or at all. What if she uses what she knows against me."

Maya reached out, placing a comforting hand on Izzy's arm. "Look, I'm not sure what exactly she knows, but CC wouldn't be so adamant about making it up to you if she didn't care."

Izzy chewed on her bottom lip, her thoughts swirling as she considered Maya's words. Maybe... just maybe it was worth taking that risk. "Yeah. Maybe you're right."

"And if she does use it against you, I'll punch her in the face for you." Maya punched her fist playfully.

A small chuckle escaped Izzy's lips at Maya's playful threat, momentarily easing the tension in the room. "Thanks, Maya." She said, offering her friend a grateful smile. "I appreciate it."