𝐈𝐕: 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬

Heads up: bit of a note at the end to keep you guys updated on where I've been. Thank you for your support! <3

𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕 

𝑰 𝒌𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒕

Italy was both breathtakingly beautiful and subtly terrifying, especially for Juliette, whose greatest adventure prior had been a trip to Los Angeles. The vast rolling fields stretched endlessly, dotted sporadically with tiny buildings that seemed to hover at the very edge of her vision. The scenery whizzed past the window with a mind-numbing, nausea-inducing speed.

"Alice, can you please—ugh," Juliette's plea was cut short by a dry gag, her stomach flipping unsettlingly.

This journey was unlike any she had experienced before; the sports car was hurtling down a narrow two-lane road at an astonishing 200 miles per hour, and she had never felt such intense carsickness.

Upon their arrival at the airport, Alice had swiftly commandeered an immaculate yellow sports car. At the time, Juliette had been impressed by the sleek machine. Now, however, with her stomach churning violently, she would have rather to walked to the castle.

While Bella and Alice engaged in a hushed discussion about Edward, Juliette rested her head against the window in the backseat, indifferent to the smudge marks her forehead must have been leaving on the glass. The thought that she might be leaving incriminating DNA traces crossed her mind, but she was too overwhelmed to care. She closed her eyes, trying to steady her breathing and wishing more than anything for the journey to end.

Finally, the relentless pace began to slow, and the surroundings changed dramatically. The open fields and vineyards gave way to a densely packed city. In the distance, the imposing silhouette of Volterra Castle came into view. It stood majestically atop a sloped hill, its beige stone walls catching the last rays of the setting sun. Red banners fluttered ominously from the battlements, decorations for the St. Marcus celebrations- Alice had informed the human girls. The sight of the castle, almost the peak crown atop the city, both grand and menacing, sent a shiver down Juliette's spine as she braced herself for what was to come.

They drove through the narrow cobbled road, Juliette clutching at her chest as Alice honked relentlessly, parting the sea of red-cloaked citizens. There had to have been hundreds of them, packed shoulder to shoulder, barely moving in time to be spared from Alice Cullen's determination.

When the car jerked to a stop, Juliette lurched forward, the seatbelt biting into her chest. Bella, not sparing a moment, threw open her door and hurtled her body out.

"Bella, you're the only one he can't see coming." Alice explained urgently. "If we go, he'll read our thoughts.

"He'll think I'm lying, he'll rush into it." She continued, as Bella anxiously listened. "Juliette might be fine, he only hears her in some of the visions, but I can't risk it."

Bella nodded her head, overwhelmed. "Where do I go?"

Juliette could only watch sympathetically, feeling like the world's most useless sister.