part 39

( yn pov )

"I'm currently in the cafeteria with Mina and Yoongi, having lunch together. Mr. Jeon took my test last night, and luckily, I passed, so he let me off this time . However, I can't figure out why he's been acting strangely since the day I hung out with Yoongi and Mina. He seemed like he wanted to say something, but it always ended up with him yelling at me. I'm clueless about what he wants from me...

"Yn, where did you disappear to? Your phone is ringing!" ... Mina shouted, quickly bringing me back to reality. I glanced at my phone on the table in front of me,  picked it up, checked the caller ID showing Jihoon Appa, and a small smile instantly lit up my face as I answered the call ..."

"Hello, Appa!" ..., I exclaimed enthusiastically with a big smile as he responded...

"How are you, my precious child?" ...,  Upon hearing him, I chuckled...

"I'm good, Appa! How are you and Eomma?" ..., I asked, genuinely finding calmness after hearing Appa's voice in this boring day...

"All is well, Yn. Actually, I have something to tell you," ..., he mentioned hesitantly from the other end of the call ...,

"Go ahead, Appa, I'm listening," .., I replied assuring him ...

"Yn, could you and Jungkook come to New York? Just for two days. One of my business partners is hosting a grand business party and specifically requested your and jungkook presence on my win on big project ," ..., he explained, causing my smile to fade. It's not that I don't want to go or disappoint our parents, but I know Mr. Jeon would never accompany me to New York for our parents' sake..."

"Yn?" ...,  I snapped back to reality when I heard appa calling my name on the phone...

" appa , I really want to be there and never want to disappoint you, but you know Jungkook, he won't come with me," ..., I whispered sadly. It's been eight months since our marriage, and I still couldn't get them together, shame on me ...

"Yn, at least give it a try. I've already told them that my son and daughter will be at the party," ..., he said with a serious pleading. I sighed and replied...

"Okay, appa, I'll do my best. Don't worry about a thing, just take care of yourself and eomma" ..., I reassured him upon hearing his words...

" Thank you, Yn. I hope both of you will be here the day after tomorrow. And If Jungkook agrees with you, just call me right away, and I'll book the flight tickets for you," ..., he said.

"Alright, Appa, take care," ..., I replied as I ended the call.

" I was staring blankly at the table, wondering how to convince Mr. Jeon to go with me when Yoongi tapped his hand on my shoulder, making me flinch as I looked at him.

"Huh? Wh-what?" ..., I stammered hesitantly, seeing his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You tell me, Yn, what happened?" ..., he asked, and I awkwardly smiled, looking at him while shaking my head.

"Nothing, Yoongi,"  ...,  I responded. However, as he was about to speak again, I noticed Mr. Jeon strolling in the courtyard, engaged in a phone call while the girls were swooning over him like crazy fangirls. Well I can't blame them for reacting that way; I used to be just like them, but the distinction is that I was good at hiding my emotions.

"Should I approach him now or later?" ...  I whispered to myself, deciding that it might be better to ask him at home.

"Letting out a sigh, I rose up from my chair as it was my last lecture, then the university study hours will be ended.

"Yn, where are you going ?" ..., Mina inquired, to which I responded with a smile.

" going to attend the lecture," ..., I mentioned as she simply nodded with a smile. With that, I bid them goodbye and headed towards the classroom.