Introduction

I can't believe I was going to prison.
This was my only thought as I was being escorted to Lichfield penitentiary.
I made one .. ONE mistake and now I have to waste a few years of my life here. Why was I so stupid.

Once I walked into the lobby of the building, I was greeted by a woman in uniform and a couple who were hugging each other tightly. I was told to take a seat and I proceeded to take the chair furthest away from the weeping couple. I guess I was slightly jealous that the puffy eyed blonde woman had someone to lean onto. The dark haired man, who had an apologetic expression, looked like the type of guy who would constantly worry about his girl. I bet he would always come to visit her and send her shit. I highly doubt anyone would come to visit me or pick up my calls.

A different female officer walked into the lobby and called out our names.
"Chapman, Rivers"
Chapman, jumped to her feet, "I'm Chapman. Oh God Larry, this is really happening" she whispered the last part into Larry's chest.
The officer rolled her eyes at the couple and looked at me.
"Rivers?"
I took a more confident approach than chapman and replied with a simple "Yup".
The bored officer ticked off our names.
"Right, let's go" She turned her back on us and started to walk forward. I walked behind her and expected Chapman to as well, however she was walking hand in hand with her boyfriend. Is she crazy?
The officer turned around and was annoyed that Larry was still here.
"listen here, he can't come with you in here, you know that right?" I laughed at that moment until the officer looked at me.
"Anyways, he has to leave before I take you in". Chapman turned to Larry and started declaring her love to him and vice versa. At this point I was feeling so uncomfortable and the officer just looked bored. I guess she's just used to this.
"That's enough, say goodbye since it could be a while till you see him again" the officer said to the couple.
She then looked at me.
"No one here for you?"
I look down.
"No."
"Huh, no family? Boyfriend? Girlfriend?"
"Nope, and I'm not gay" I replied sternly. I wasn't going to end up gate gay in here. I was going to do my time and that's it.
"Not gay uh? We'll see how that works out for you" she chuckled and looked back at the couple.
"Alright, let's go Chapman!".
--------
The officer led chapman and I down a hallway to a closet. There we were given our clothes for the week. I had a bra, panties, orange pants, oranges top, a pair of tube socks as well as a pair of canvas shoes.
Before I could wear the clothes I was given, I had to do a strip search. I was horrified at the fact that I had to get naked in front of a person that I didn't even find slightly attractive. But there was no way around it, so I did it. Even the squat and cough.
By the time chapman and I had finished, chapman looked seriously frightened.
When that was done, we both followed the officer to a van where all the new inmates where.
There was black girl with short hair, and an Italian inmate that was actually driving the van. Do they actually trust them to not run away?
"Hey! You like what you see" the driver smiled jokingly at me, as she caught me staring at her.
"Why are you driving?" I got straight to the point. It was rude of me but I had no intention to make friends.
"Oh everyone have jobs here, this is mine" she said while flipping over a bridle magazine.
"By the way, I'm Morello, that's Watson". I look over at Watson and nod my head and she does the same.
"Right we are just waiting for one more person and we're done here" she seemed like such a happy person. It kind of freaked me out.
An officer walked up to the vehicle with a Spanish inmate.
"Last one" he declared and Morello started the engine once the officer got into the passenger seat.
-----
Once we were in the building Morello gave us a tour and showed where the main rooms were. She then took us into a room.
"Right, Chapman and Diaz, this is your room" they walked in and Watson and I waited outside. We watched as Morello gave Chapman some tissues and toiletries.
"Right, Watson and Rivers come with me". We walked down the hall and into another room that was mostly black people.
"So this is Poussey, she just got out of the SHU" I looked at her, she was practically bald and looked small. She jumped off the top bunk and shook my hand as well as Watsons.
"SHU .. that's solitary?" I asked.
Poussey started rubbing her hand on her head and gave a cheesy smile "Yeah man, and trust me you do NOT want to go there" she laughed. She had a cute laugh.
Morello coughed, "Okay, and this is Black Cindy and that up on the other bunk is Stella".
Black Cindy got off the bed and walked up to me slowly. I guess she was trying to intimidate as she looked me up and down. I may be small but I looked her up and down too and was ready to fight if I had to. Just as I was about to get angry Black Cindy laughed which made me loosen up a little.
"You alright, you stood your ground. Shit I thought you were about to start swinging". She laughed and playfully nudged my shoulders. I laughed back, I think we could get along.
I looked up to the top of the bunk and was expecting Stella to come down, but she didn't, she had a hoodie on and had her body turned towards the wall. Rude much.
"She's new here, well not new. This is her second time here. I guess she's angry she back" Morello whispered to me. I wonder what she did.
"Well that's everyone, Poussey let Watson and Rivers know about the count and stuff" Morello said cheerfully and was about to leave.
"Wait!" I called out. "Don't we get those things you gave Chapman?" I asked.
"I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't give Chapman anything" She innocently replied.
"Yeah you did, some toothpaste and shit" Watson joined. What's wrong with this morello chick.
She pretended to think about it for a second. "Nope" she shook her head, "I didn't give her anything, well I've got to go" and she turned on her heels and left.
I looked at Watson confused, I didn't imagine it, did I?
Black Cindy looked over to us, "Don't worry about it, the white chicks take care of each other, she ain't gonna give anything to a sister"
Poussey walked over to a storage unit and gave Watson and I some toiletries.
"K so, here's some toothpaste, toothbrush and some toilet paper. You're going to need to take it with you." We thanked her and I looked over to where I was going to sleep.
"Don't make the bed, some lady does it so it passes inspection, just sit on it now, she'll be over"
So I climbed to the top bunk and just sat on it.
I can't believe I'm in prison.

-----
A/N
Let me know if I should write more :)