Chapter 27 - Behind closed doors

Be aware there will be some triggering moments in this chapter based on domestic violence and mental abuse. Please read at own will.

Charisma and Keegan put the kids to bed as everyone left their get together. They tucked in the boys and then Keegan laid Venice in her crib. "Why don't you go and make us a drink" he said to her.

Charisma nodded her head and did as he asked. Keegan sat on the bed in their bedroom and he looked at the envelope that he had stuffed in his jacket. He opened it and he saw the pictures, it made him grow angry as reality hit, he didn't want her to know that he knew and he was trying to keep a lid on it. Even Ryan had no idea what the pictures were as he just had to collect and not look.

Charisma walked back in as he had just finished putting the pictures in his drawer under his boxer shorts pile

Charisma walked back in as he had just finished putting the pictures in his drawer under his boxer shorts pile. "Here you go, I got you a Henny and I'm having a sweet tea." She said as she handed him his glass. He looked at her but didn't say any words. She instinctively knew and she placed her cup down. She got on her knees in just her heels, stripping off her dress and underwear and she took him in her mouth. He drank his Henny as she did and he watched her, his face straight the whole time.

She looked up at him, she could see that he was moody. He wasn't reacting to her sucking him off like he normally would instead he was staring at her like she wasn't doing it properly or anywhere near good enough. She stopped. He grabbed her hair. "I didn't tell you to stop!." He slapped her face.

Charisma stood up and he gripped both of her arms tight at the tops bruising them instantly. Charisma didn't show the pain, she had become numb to it. She got back on her knees.

See, despite his struggles to get better Keegan hadn't changed. But he was sick of everyone knowing his business and keeping tabs on Charisma because of him. He felt as if the relationship was open to everyone's view and opinion and he had had enough of it.

The close friends and family get together had been Keegans idea. He had arranged it, and warned Charisma that she needed to show her loyalty and United front to him in front of everyone. So the smiles and words were a pretence of What was really going on indoors. Meaning people would become less worried about her.

The abuse was still very much rife in the relationship. Although Keegan would make sure that nothing happened to her at the hands of anyone else, he still controlled her and even her career as he was now in charge of her security and had a seat at Dante's business table. He had a way of sneaking in and taking over everything she was doing and it was gradual, barely noticed by anyone until he sat back and realised that he controlled everything she did. While still telling everyone that he had changed and was doing better. In Charisma's eyes he was better. The severe violence she suffered before had stopped, but he would still show his hand when he felt he needed to, and the mental and emotional abuse continued in his aim to have full control of her.

He held her head in place firmly by her hair and fired his seed to the back of her throat. He let her go and she stood up. She looked at him. "Keegan?.. are you okay with me!."

He looked at her. "Go to bed, there is something that I need to do." He said pulling his jeans and sweatshirt back on. She watched him leave.

Charisma was glad when he had left, she felt she could breathe. He had stepped up his hold on her, there were no pills, no razors allowed in the house she she couldn't end her life. For a few weeks she resigned herself to the fact that this was her life and it would never change, he would never let her leave him alive.
The one person that she could talk to who no one would've thought would become an ally for her, was her birth mother, Tara. Charisma had told her everything, and Tara was horrified of the abuse that her daughter was suffering at this man's hands. She had been helping her plan her escape. All charisma had to do now was play happy families and act as if she was going to go ahead with the wedding, and act as if she had resigned herself to the fact that she would be with him like this. When in actual fact, the wheels were in motion for her to suddenly leave and disappear.

Charisma prayed to the lord each night. And tonight was no different.
"Dear lord, please help me to maintain the strength I have found to walk away with my children. Please forgive that I can't stay in this pain and suffering of a relationship anymore no matter how much I love him. And guide me towards a better life for them to grow and prosper in. Amen
She got back in bed and she lie there, staring at the ceiling her hands cradling her stomach where a new life was beginning to grow.

——————-

Keegan sat in his car and watched the house that he had driven to. He put on his black gloves. He got out of the car and pulled his hood up, he made his way in the darkness to the house he had been watching. He made his way around the back and in through a window that he had scoped early and set on the latch so that he could get in at his own will.

He slipped in through the window. The house was quiet and in darkness, he made his way carefully up the stairs and walked along the hallway to the bedroom that overlooked the front of the house. He walked up to the bed and he looked at the woman lying before him. She stirred, she then sat up quick as he clamped his gloved hand over her mouth. "Surprise." He said to her and smirked evilly.....