12. New world

As Emilia walked through the unfamiliar streets, a sense of disorientation engulfed her.
She had escaped from the clutches of her captors but found herself lost in a foreign land, with no idea of her whereabouts. The language, the people, everything was strange to her.

It was only when she stumbled upon a signboard written in a different language that she realized she might be in Russia.
The realization filled her with a mixture of fear and determination.
She knew one thing; she had to survive, no matter what.

With no place to go and no one to turn to, Emilia found herself taking up odd jobs to make ends meet.
She became a janitor at a fast-food restaurant.
Her days were grueling and exhausting. From the crack of dawn until late into the night, the owner was exploiting her knowing her conditions that she can't even speak their language, she toiled tirelessly, scrubbing floors, cleaning tables, and taking out the trash.
The work was physically demanding, and her petite frame often felt the strain of lifting heavy objects and bending down to reach tight corners.

The conditions in which she worked were far from ideal.
The restaurant was often bustling with customers, their chatter and laughter filling the air as they indulged in their meals.
Amidst the chaos, Emilia navigated her way through the crowded dining area, her hands raw from constant exposure to harsh cleaning chemicals.

Her little pay was barely enough to cover the cost of her next meal, let alone provide her with a comfortable place to rest her head at night.
With no home to call her own, she slept on the cold, unforgiving streets, her body vulnerable to the elements and the dangers that lurked in the shadows.
Its been 3 months now since she escaped, and despite the hardships she was facing, Emilia was grateful that she at least ran from that devil.

She didn't know that he was preparing her for a new level of turmoil.

When, Mathew, the man she knew as "The Devil," discovered her escape and the role Jaryd played in it.
Consumed by rage and a thirst for revenge, Mathew tracked down Jaryd and mercilessly ended his life.
But for Mathew, this was just a small delay of his twisted plan.

Mathew harbored a deep-seated grudge against the Lorenzo family, the family that Emilia was unaware of.
He saw Emilia as a pawn in his game of revenge, Mathew was the only living person aware of the Lorenzo family's secrets or this was what he thought.

The family that was responsible for his borther's murderer, his brother Lucas. He decided its time now to watch and enjoy the Lorenzo's performance, those who were known by their loyalty to each other, who would die for each other.
He wanted to see their devastation when they hurt their sister with their own hands.
Mathew didn't wait, once he found Emilia he made long waited call.

Mathew: "Adam, it's been too long. I have something you might find... intriguing."

Adam: "What do you want, Mathew? I have no time for your games."

Mathew: "No games, I assure you. But I do have a gift for you, one that you will love."

Adam: "I don't know what you're talking about. I have no interest in your gifts."

Mathew: "Oh, but this one is different. It is... unexpected."

Adam: "Stop beating around the bush, Mathew. Get to the point."

Mathew laughed maniacally and hung of the line.

With his connections in the police force, Mathew orchestrated Emilia's arrest, using fabricated charges of begging as an excuse, specially with her sleeping in the streets.

As Emilia stayed in police custody, Mathew produced a DNA test proving her connection to the Lorenzo family. The police, unaware of Mathew's true intentions, contacted the Lorenzo family and informed them of Emilia's existence.

The news sent shockwaves through the Lorenzo family, who were skeptical of Mathew's motives. They suspected that Emilia was being used as a pawn in Mathew's vendetta against them, a suspicion that only fueled their apprehension.

Amidst the uncertainty and fear, Emilia found herself caught in the crossfire of a war she had no knowledge of. As she awaited her fate, unaware of the web of plots surrounding her, she could only hope for a glimmer of hope in the darkness that enveloped her.