1

» [dark red] «
0:43 ─〇───── 2:53
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

˚̣̣̣ ꒷︶†︶꒷˚̣̣̣︶ ͡𑁬♱໒ ͡ ︶˚̣̣̣꒷︶†︶꒷ ˚̣̣̣

01 : CLASSMATES

Chattering and laughter echoed throughout the school building as the bell rang, alerting the students that their classes had begun. It was the first day back at school, meaning you'd have new teachers, classmates and maybe friends.

For the new year, you had set goals for yourself, hoping it would make you likeable at your brand new school. It was your first day of high school after all, you need to give a good first impression to your classmates. Your goals mainly just included you being the funny and smart student and classmate. Even if it meant forcing yourself. But is that enough?

In all honesty, you actually just hoped that you find someone who would like and appreciate you for being yourself. To meet someone you could trust and rely on when you need them most. That was your real goal.

You approach your classroom, sliding the door open as you enter along with a few other students. If you recall properly, this was the "Bamboo Shoot Class" homeroom. Your homeroom teacher is Gyomei Himejima, who seems scary but is supposedly very nice person. That's what you heard, at least.

There were little posted notes on each table with students names on it. Scanning the posted notes for your name, you finally found it! It was by the window, right at the back. "What a main character type moment." You thought to yourself.

You sat down and noticed a boy with long black hair and turquoise tips approach the desk beside you, sitting down. You glance at him for a moment before your eyes dart towards the posted note on his desk. "T. Muichiro." is what it read. You glance at him again. He seemed...quiet and closed off.

You tended up slightly at the sound of your homeroom teachers voice. "Good morning, students. Welcome to Kimetsu Academy. I am your homeroom teacher, Gyomei Himejima." He spoke as your eyes darted to the front of the class. "I hope you guys had a wonderful welcoming ceremony." He smiled. It wasn't too bad. The principal seemed quite lovely in your opinion.

"I will now do a role call." Himejima spoke. Time passed and he was finally done with the role call and decided to let the students chat amongst themselves to get to know each other better. You sat there awkwardly as you nervously glanced at your deskmate, Muichiro Tokito, every so often.

What was point of setting goals if you can't even bring yourself to talk to the person you'll be sitting next to for the next year? Pathetic, really. "Do you need something?" You turned to face the voice...Muichiro. "You keep glancing at me. Why?" He asked.

"Well...I- Uhm.." You didn't even know what to say. What a great first impression. "Well?" His voice was laced with a hint of annoyance. "I'm Y/N L/N...Uhm..you can call me N/N or just Y/N is fine.." You blurted out. He stared at you blankly, blinking a few times.

"Muichiro Tokito...Just call me Muichiro, I guess." He replied, monotone. "I guess? What does that even mean?!" You thought to yourself. "Nice to meet you..Muichiro." You smiled nervously.  "Uh...so, what are your hobbies?" You asked, swallowing a bit. No response. "Uhm, hello??"

"Sorry..Who are you again?" The boy asked. "What." That was the first thought. "Y/N..your classmate." You stared at him, clearly dumbfounded. "Right." He replied. Oh, how he was already getting in your nerves. "So..what are your hobbies..?" You repeated your question from before. "I like..paper crafts." He replied after some thinking.