Chapter 26

Y/N POV

My eyes opened to a strange scene. Whispers echoed off of the walls, my eyes only saw the paint of the dark red ceiling. Every time I moved my neck to follow the voices, an immense pain surged through my neck and down my back.

I would scream in pain and claw and kick desperately at the voices that would come closer when I did. Unsure if I was safe of in danger around these people. It stayed like this for several hours until my eyes found black again.

Only when they opened, I didn't know what to do. In front of me, my Alastor stood over a large symbol that had been burned into blue grass. There was a brown leather bag he carried in his hand as the other went into it. Pulling out the contents, I saw a grey powder that he began to fill the marks of singed grass with before sending the bag away.

Following this, a large sum of black candles were summoned into his hold. As he began to place them, he started to mutter words that echoed and multiplied in my ears as they had done earlier. Though he held his signature radio voice, making it hard for me to understand what he said as it repeated back to me.

I watched his smile grow devilishly large, Ashe stared down at his work. Clasping his hands behind his back, he spun on his heel.

I watched as he fiddled with something in front of him, before a grunt echoed in my ears. When he turned back around, I was in complete shock from what I saw. Alastor was dragging a very angry and beat up looking TV demon.

His suit was torn and burnt in various places, teal colored blood splattered and stained the expensive fabric. His screen had a few small holes around the edges, but the screen itself had a large indent. It caused the glass to shatter and chip away.

Though his face was still lit up, there were times it would glitch or go black. Whatever had happened to cause such a thing from Alastor had to be horrible. I knew he didn't like the TV demon, but this amount of damage was immense. Even for him.

I opened my mouth to speak, but as I tried to form words I was met with silence. I ran towards Alastor, right as I reached him and held out my hand in his direction, the world around me became dark.

———————

"Alastor!" I screamed as I shot up. Everyone around me gasped at my rising. I looked all round the room, my friends staring at me strangely and some of them with cuts and bruises on their skin. "What... what happ-" the sound of the door opening interrupted my spoken thought, finding Alastor at the door.

"Darling! You're finally awake!" He rushed towards my bedside and I was surprised to see small tears falling from his face. His arms wrapped about my smaller frame. Being in his warm hold made me lose all worrying thoughts from before and instead feeling immense comfort and happiness. "When I found you I wasn't sure I'd gotten there in time! I was so worried I'd lost you..."

Charlie cleared her throat from behind him, catching his attention as he quickly wiped away his signs of weakness. When I looked to her, a saw a bandage wrapping a large portion of her arm, a trace of blood still staining the white fabric. Her voice rang in my ears, but as I gazed at the blood soaked fabric, my heart felt heavy. My conscious screaming that it was all my fault. "Y/N? Did you hear me?"

"Huh..?" I looked up at the princess, who seemed to be worried at my drifting off. "Uh sorry.. no.." I muttered and looked down at my bandaged wrists. As Charlie began to speak again, I saw a familiar gloved hand reach over and take a hold of mine. Rubbing the back of it gently with his thumb.

"Y/N do you have any recollection of what happened before Alastor found you? He says that Vox was well... choking you and we just..." she clasped her hands together, squeezing them a bit as she tried to find proper words for her thoughts.

"What Charlie is trying to say is, what happened to you while you were there?" Lucifer stepped forward, speaking for his daughter, who nodded in your direction.

"It's all kind of fuzzy..." I squeezed Alastor's hand and rubbed my thumb along his own to comfort myself. "All I remember is having to wear this - this shock collar. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't see anything unless Vox had me in his office, I-I-"

"I think it's best if Y/N isn't pestered with such questions for now," Alastor rose from the bed and straightened his suit. "Don't you agree my sweet?" He looked down at me, his smile filled with compassion and sympathy. I nodded in silence, causing him to hum. "As I thought. Now," he clasped his hands together and straightened his posture, "I would like some time alone with her. If you would all leave for now."

"Now that we're alone my sweet," he turned slowly to face me, "what exactly did you see before you woke up?"

____________________________________

Just a short chapter since I finally had time to write. There may not be a chapter next week, but there could very well be if I end up having the time!! See you guys soon!!
~vesss