Chapter- 22 The Half Truth & Green Eye Monster!

Rudra and Abhay sat in front of Commissioner Vardhan Sinha. Even though he was friends with their father, he held back from scolding them for acting so immaturely. They barged into his office unceremoniously, accompanied by their security, displaying a sense of entitlement that annoyed him. When he asked them to leave, they used their VVIP cards, threatening him to call the ministry as he wasn't treating them properly. For now, they were not his friends' kids but VVIP clients, and the government needs them.

Rudra, was the topmost industrialist, and held significant sway in political circles due to his involvement in party fundings and generous donations. His financial influence ensured he maintained a high position and power, a position that promoted both envy and fear among his contemporaries. While Abhay, on the other hand, enjoyed unparalleled popularity as a Rockstar. The magnitude of his fan following transcended age barriers, charming youth, kids, teenagers, and adults alike. The strength of his influence lay in the unwavering adoration showered upon him by countless individuals, making him powerful and most important person for the govt. just like that!

"What do you want, Mr. Khanna?" Sinha asked for the nth time.

Rudra was sitting, playing with the paperweight, giving him an intimidating look, while Abhay sat there casually, looking around and playing on his phone as if he owned the place. He was bound by the uniform he was in, or he would have given them a piece of his mind. When they were kids, they had met him countless times. It was bad luck that they distanced themselves from him after seeing the changing behavior of their father. He wished to hold them and guide them when they needed, but he knew the kids had Premraj Khanna's genes and were as stubborn as their father.

"Truth!" Rudra said coldly, startling him.

Vardhan frowned, "Truth?"

Abhay kept his phone aside and looked straight into his eyes, "Mr. Kh...Dad humse kya chupa rahe hai?"

Vardhan stiffened and looked away, "I don't know tum log kis baare mein baat kar rahe ho?"

"You are very well known, Mr. Sinha!" Rudra exclaimed coldly, "Yet if you want me to enlighten you, I don't mind... aapko toh yaad hoga kuch din pehle aapne Dad ko call kiya tha. And you said something related to Ruhi and some case... mujhe bas jaanna hai ki aap kis case ki baat kar rahe the that includes Ruhi in it?"

Sinha shook his head, "I can't tell you guys... it's confidential aur Prem nahi chahta ki tumhe kuch bhi pata..." He trailed off as Abhay stood up.

"Fine then aap kuch nahi kehna chahte so we don't wish to bother you by wasting our time but I am sorry to say... your seniors might get upset with you if we report them that you didn't help us." Abhay said casually.

Sinha sighed, "Mr. Khanna...

"Uncle, we don't want an explanation, we just want the truth. If you can't tell us, we will find out ourselves," Rudra said as he got up and buttoned his coat. "We don't want our sister to suffer anything new, as she has already faced enough in her life. Thanks!" He said and turned to leave, holding Abhay's hand. The determination in the man's eyes forced him to consider a different approach. He hoped his plan would work or...

"Teraa saal pehle ek hadsa hua tha," Vardhan spoke, making them stop and turn. "I don't know the details, but based on the information Prem gave me, Ruhi can still end up behind bars."

"Kya details di Dad ne aapko?" Abhay asked.

"According to our country's law, agar hum case immediately file nahi karte hain toh teen saal baad vo case null and void ho jata hai, but in certain matters it doesn't go that way. If the committed crime is severe and the provided evidence is strong enough, then no matter what the case is, the person can still go behind bars." Vardhan explained gently, "According to Prem, 13 saal pehle Ruhi committed a kind of severe crime that can still send her behind bars... he didn't give me the full details, but according to my knowledge, jitna bhi Prem ne bataya hai, I think it's a murder charges, something that can't be denied no matter what."