Happy Birthday, Albert!

The meeting with the House of Lords finally concluded. They may have called for the meeting as important but Albert internally disagreed on how important it was throughout the meeting.

He was about to take his leave when suddenly someone called him. "Lord Albert!"

Albert tried to hide his dismay for he couldn't wait to get home; he knew his family and friends were waiting for him to surprise him on his birthday! 

He turned around and saw Lord Brimsley coming towards him. "Lord Brimsley, is there anything you need from me?"

"We just want to wish you a Happy Birthday, Lord Albert!"

"Oh, thank you, Lord Brimsley!" Albert said.

"Say...would you care to join us at the Gastros Club? You could celebrate with us for a while and we'll cover everything since it's your day."

"Ahh...thank you for the invite, but I'm afraid I have to decline. I made a promise to someone and I plan to commit to them." Albert politely explained.

"I see... well carry on then. I hope you'll have a great day today."

Albert bowed a little and said "And to you as well. Good day, Lord Brimsley." And Albert walked away.

But before Albert could even reach his carriage, a couple of women were waiting for him at the door. They were holding gifts and letters, hoping for him to receive them.

"Happy Birthday, Lord Albert!"

"Lord Albert! Happy Birthday!"

"We got something for you!"

Albert stopped in his tracks to look at them. Even though he didn't want to receive gifts, it would seem rude not to accept them. Besides, no one will know he'll just ignore these gifts at home anyway (excluding the Moriarty gang).

"Ah, thank you very much for these! I am honored." He said as he received them one by one. "I'll open these when I get home for I have an important commitment to attend to." Albert politely said as he implied to rush this interaction.