Chapter- 7 "We are Married"

[Words Count: 2101]

Ace Hoisington

"Your Bride! Ran Away!"

"She is not there!"

"She climbed from the window."

The words were whispered to my ears by Clay.

I didn't tie her in the room because I thought as she had agreed to get married she would not run away but I was wrong. I shouldn't have started to trust her.

I quickly ran upwards to the room and opened the door. I walked towards the window and saw the rope made of bedsheet and blanket there. I was angry as I clenched my fist and banged on the window loudly. I couldn't think of anything at that time. I was blank, glancing to the ground from the window. I was searching for her through the window and I suddenly saw red color stains on the ground. I quickly ran to the stairs to come down. I was about to go out but was stopped by my father.

"Where is she? Everyone is waiting for her." He questioned while tightening the grip of the wine glass he was holding.

"She needs five more minutes to get ready." As I stared at the wine glass, I could feel he was upset and angry with the marriage.

I ran outside after finishing the conversation with my father. Clay followed me.

When I went outside I moved towards my room from where she climbed down. I squat to see what red color stains are on the ground.

"It's blood!" As I smelled the red stains.

"She is hurt!" I swallowed.

"She wouldn't have run too far with the injury." Clay panics.

Clay ran towards the main gate and asked the bodyguards about Laura while I was still squatting on the ground staring at the blood stain. I had my thoughts. My dilemma regarding the decision I took about our marriage. I don't know If I am right or wrong but it was sure to save her from my father.

Clay ran back towards me, "She hasn't gone outside." heavily panting "The bodyguards haven't even moved from their positions for a second."

"She must be here!" I gasped while standing up.

"You search the parking area, I'll go and find her in the garden." I ran towards the garden.

I searched for her everywhere in the garden but I couldn't find her. If she didn't go outside, she must be here. But where? For the fifth time, I checked the garden but I couldn't find her.

I suddenly remember when I was a kid, I used to play with Daniel, David, and Kat in the garden. When we used to play hide and seek I usually had a hidden spot to hide where no one could find me. But how could Laura have found that place? I must be exaggerating things.

"She is not in the parking lot." Clay sighs while running towards me.

It suddenly clicked into my mind that I should check that place. I walked in silence towards the hidden spot in the garden. I gesture to Clay to be in silence. When I reached the hidden spot she was there. She was sitting on the ground with her hips touching the heels. I swallowed a thick lump of saliva as I saw her sleeping while the strands of her hair lingered on her face. I was crazy finding her and she was peacefully sleeping while holding the sandals in her hand. I grinned as soon as I realized that I found her. While I was in my thoughts she woke up carelessly.

"If your mission escape is completed, then can we get married now?" I scowled.

She gasped in surprise while standing up, "Do I have any other options?"