Phonophobia/Pyrophobia

PHONOPHOBIA:

Subject 04: Enbi Nowak
Gender: Male
Magic-type: Static disruption

A1: Finally, the day has come. After years of preparing, I may finally use my powers in the new testing area. Dr.Lowman said that they were far too dangerous at first but with his help I learned to control them. It is why I could never meet the other children here. I wouldn't wanna hurt anyone of course. I am now 17 years and 3 months old which means I can start training with my magic now. I am so excited to see the new test room. Dr.Lowman said everyone worked really hard on making it a safe place just for me. And when I am strong enough and not dangerous anymore, I can leave my room and meet all of the others who are just like me. The suit I had to wear for the test is a bit small. I think it was meant for me before the last incident. But that won't happen again. I am strong now. Besides, I didn't completely destroy that radio. It could still turn on and off. Maybe they let me test on a big one this time. I can't wait any longer to get out. If only I could peek out of the small eyehole in the door. But I can't reach it yet. If I did, the doctors would definitely punish me. I'll just wait here, patiently.

"Knock knock. Are you ready Enbi? I hope you were able to put on the suit. I could help you if you need help." It is Dr.Sayf. She is always super friendly to me. She really tried her best to find a bigger suit but there weren't any left because the older children here apparently never had to do this kind of test at my age. "I will open the door now." It's not like I haven't seen the hallway yet but I have never actually left this room. Here I have my bed, bathroom, a table, and even some books. The tests I had to do before were also here so I couldn't break anything. The doctors brought the test objects here and I would do my best to use my magic on them. Although most objects ended up with holes or only a couple of parts left. Whenever I use my magic it takes things. I get mad when trying too hard so usually it takes away too much. But that's going to change today.

"This is the testing room. I'm sorry we can't be in there with you but I guess you know why that is. Don't worry, me and the other doctors are still here and we can see and hear you. In a short moment, you will see water flow into the room. No need to panic. You will be scared and that is totally fine. Just try to focus on the TV in front of you."

The room is way darker than I expected. There is a television sitting right in front of me but it doesn't seem to work as there is only white noise and static. I guess I will have to use my magic on this thing after water drips inside. It could happen any minute now.

It has been minutes already and nothing has happened. Dr.Lowman said I shouldn't get scared and just had to try and focus on the TV. Now that I think about it, the static looks like my magic.

Many more minutes have gone past and I am still here. I decided to sit down on the ground because my back started hurting. The screen is still static and the doctors haven't said anything all this time. It is so lonely here. And dark. I want to get out.

I don't want to be here anymore. "Let me out!" There's nobody. Am I trapped? Is this a nightmare? I'm scared. I can't do this anymore. "Anyone, please!" Why don't they answer me? Did they leave me in here? I don't want to leave my room anymore. I want out. "Let me-"

Enbi is slamming against the door when suddenly all of the lights in the room snap. The only thing left is the static on the television screen and the white noise filling the rest of the room. As Enbi looks down in fear, he sees a pitch-black liquid flowing into the room. It might be because of the lack of lighting but the liquid almost looks alive. As if it tries to flow towards Enbi.

It's taking me. I can't move. This isn't just water. "What is this? Let me out please!"

The door opens and in a fraction of a second Enbi can see another person, covered in black liquid, staring at him with murderous, blood-red eyes. The TV static fades as Enbi passes out.