10. Another Day.

10. Another Day.

Shubman's heart sank as he saw Maithili's tear-streaked face on the video call. "Hey, what happened? Why are you crying?" he asked softly, his voice filled with concern.

Maithili sniffled, trying to compose herself as she spoke. "I... I was bullied at college," she admitted, her voice shaky with emotion. "They... they called me names and... and pushed me around."

Shubman's expression darkened with anger at the thought of someone hurting Maithili. "Who did this to you?" he asked, his voice tight with fury.

Maithili shook her head, wiping away her tears with the back of her hand. "I don't know their names," she replied, her voice trembling. "They were just... a group of guys."

Shubman took a deep breath, trying to calm the rage coursing through him. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that," he said, his tone gentle but firm. "But you don't have to worry, okay? I'll make sure they pay for what they did to you."

Maithili managed a weak smile, feeling a surge of gratitude for Shubman's unwavering support. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Shubman's heart softened at Maithili's words, his protective instincts kicking in. "Hey, don't worry about it," he reassured her. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Maithili nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "I know," she replied, her voice still tinged with sadness. "But it just... it hurts, you know?"

Shubman's heart ached at the sight of her pain. "I know, sweetheart," he said gently. "But remember, you're strong, and you're not alone. I'm here for you, always."

Maithili's smile widened at his words, a glimmer of hope shining in her eyes. "Thank you, Shubman," she said softly. "You always know how to make me feel better."

Shubman smiled back at her, his love for her shining through. "That's what I'm here for," he said, his voice filled with warmth. "Now, how about we talk about something else to take your mind off things?"

Shubman's eyes lit up with excitement as he reached for something off-screen. "Wait, I have something for you," he said eagerly.

Maithili's curiosity piqued, wiping away her tears as she watched Shubman's every move. "Really? What is it?" she asked, her voice filled with anticipation.

With a mischievous grin, Shubman revealed a small wrapped package, holding it up to the camera. "It's a surprise," he said playfully. "But I promise you'll love it."

Maithili's eyes widened with delight as she clapped her hands in excitement. "Oh, Shubman, you're the best!" she exclaimed, her earlier sadness fading away.

Shubman chuckled at her reaction, his heart swelling with affection for her. "You're my sunshine, Maithili," he said softly. "And I'll always be here to protect you, no matter what."