Talkin' 'Bout My Girl

W

W.C. - 6.3 k

Warnings: throwing up ig?

---------------------------------------

Lucy's calling, answer me, Lucy's answer me.

Your phone blasts the annoying ringtone Lucy had created the latest time you'd met her, she'd insisted on having a unique one so that you'd answer all her calls. Spoiler alert: you didn't answer all her calls.

Groaning loudly as your sleep is interrupted by the older woman calling you, she obviously didn't think about the fact that you were in a totally different time zone and therefore calling you at 7 in the morning wasn't a good idea.

"Fucking hell Luce, why're you calling me at 7 in the fucking morning?" You can hear the way she laughs at your grumpy tone and how she sucks in a breath after a second or two. Well at least one of you was enjoying yourselves.

"Ou, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, did the grumpy wittle baby not get her 8 hours of sleep tonight?" She teases through the phone, the rustling of your sheets as you sit up echoing through the room that's practically empty, like a hollowed out coconut.

"Actually, since you woke me up at 7, I did in fact barely even get 4 hours since Em dragged me away to a party in Connecticut, got wasted and then made me drive us both home." This just makes the older woman laugh even more. For some reason, you thought that she'd be a bit more responsible and tell you off for going to a party, but she didn't.

"Well that's good then, Em is finally making you go through college the correct way, by going to parties." You groan loudly as you stretch out the tightness in your limbs, the headache that appears soon goes away just as quickly. The floor is cold beneath your feet as you stand up from the bed, dragging your hand over your face before slapping yourself a few times to really wake up.

"Yeah, the proper college experience or something like that." Lucy hums at your statement, her usually thoughtless brain quickly reforming to its usual state.

"Mhm, well I'll call tonight then, don't sleep too late." You say goodbye to the defender quickly before she hangs up the phone, venturing into the kitchen to pull open the door of the fridge, substituting a warm cup of bitter coffee for an energy drink.

"You're going to be my best friend the coming four years, aren't you?" You look at the ice cold can in your hand as you speak, smiling sarcastically as you pop the tab open and take a swig, the weird aftertaste of pure caffeine leaving a streak down your tongue.

"Fucking hell, why do I not have anything at home?" As you look into the empty pantry, you suddenly understand why you should've taken Em's advice earlier in the week, 'fill your kitchen up like you have a whole family to feed'. Apparently a whole family equaled a drunk Em.

Peeking into the living room, you immediately see Em fast asleep on the couch, half her body hanging off the small piece of furniture like she was some drunk dad in a movie. Her mouth is wide open and the snores escaping from between her lips are just brutal.