Chapter 3 Re-write

~Hellooo Chapter 3 re-write is finished, it was originally meant to be 3 and 4 but it started getting long. and I realized I changed a lot more then originally intended. If I delete my older chapters idk but the story has take a bit of a detour :] but anyways, suggestions and criticisms welcomed. I hope you enjoy~

~Rock Lizard

☆☆☆

An argument between a few countries about something extends the meeting's run-time by an hour due to others trying to cool things off. Slowly the other nations rise and bid their goodbyes to each other. Their voices sounding like static, an occasional sharp piercing ring will worsen his growing headache. Slowly Germany rises, grabbing his bag and walking out without saying a word. Italy and France walk up to him trying to start a conversation, but he just walks past the two not hearing France and Italy call out to him. Exiting the building he sprouts his wings and takes off before France or Italy can reach him. "What happened?" Italy looks at France who signs rubbing his temple "he and Poland had a dispute." Italy looks back at Germany as he flies off.

Flying back to Berlin, he feels a stinging sensation in his eyes. Realizing he hasn't blinked properly for a while. Closing his eyes and shaking his head he snaps out of the fuzzy state of mind. Opening his eyes he notices a building getting closer "wha-" his eyes widen trying to stop but is too slow and runs into the building. Reacting quickly he braces himself for impact with the ground, protecting himself from major injury. Opening his eyes he uses the wall to get up, checking himself for any injuries. He has a few scraps on his hands, some maybe bruises and his shirt is worn in a few places that are scrapped on the ground.

He feels a weight on his chest, he walks into a nearby park. He sits under a tree, leaning back against it. He lets his eyes close when the pressure from the weight and his headache builds.

Slowly he drifts off into a light sleep.

Time Skip

Opening his eyes he looks squinting at the sun that peeks through the leaves. "What the.." Fixing his posture he grabs his phone and looks at the time, reading 12:23 PM. "shit" quickly getting up he spreads his wings and flies back home as fast as he can. Landing in front of his house Germany opens the door, jumping when a Löffel hits the wall. Münich runs further into the house holding tupperware of salad. Bavaria running after him throwing another Löffel, Berlin is watching from the side with a face of disapproval. Germany quietly closes the door and takes his shoes off, trying to get past Berlin without him noticing. "Hold it Germany." Berlin looks at him, he doesn't try to mask his annoyance.

"What in the world happened? You are an hour behind on your schedule, what could have happened in that meeting that made you run over nearly 2 hours late?" Berlin crosses his arms. Germany looks down, not knowing how to answer him, Berlin's face softens "Ger.. are you alright?" he reaches out pulling Berlin into a hug. Berlin hugs him back "Ger?" "I don't want to talk about it..." Berlin sigh's rubbing Germany's back slowly "sometimes I forget you're a full country now, you're still so small." Germany huffs a small laugh "I'm still taller than you. Plus you're old." Berlin smiles "yup, even so I will always be here for you. I'll give you some slack today, you're clearly not in a good headspace. So take some time to relax, and do however much work you think you can." Berlin gives Germany a small kiss on his forehead before letting him go and going to see if Münich got his food back.

Germany puts his stuff down in the kitchen and heads towards his room but stops halfway down the hall. He thinks about what Poland said again, before scolding himself for letting Poland get to him with such pretentious comments. Germany turns around and heads down towards the cellar before he makes it he runs into Hamburg making both jump. "Germany! You startled me." Hamburg puts her hand on her chest "sorry I didn't mean to" Germany rubs the back of his neck. Hamburg smiles "It's alright, but where were you going?" "I was just going to go down to the cellar, I wanted to find out more about my family." Germany gives her a small smile "Alright, maybe Bavaria can help you, he's been around forever, I can call him for you?" Hamburg puts her hands on her hips proudly. "That would be great, you can tell him I'll be in the cellar." He moves past her heading downstairs.