The Unexpected Outcome

"You may begin the test!" Please, Anya, (Y/N)... I know you two can do this. Loid sat out in the hallway, waiting for the test to be over. Anya and (Y/N) sat inside a room with various other children, but they were not allowed to take the test next to each other due to their last names. This is so hard! Anya looked around, trying to find someone who had the answers. I don't know any of these. The other children seemed to be panicking, not realizing just how difficult the test was going to be. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Anya started to panic as well, realizing that the others don't know either. I want my mommy. Anya looked down at the paper in front of her, now knowing that she was gonna have to answer the questions on her own. (Y/N), however, had looked at the paper and started immediately. He thought back to all the conversations he had when in his father's realm as well as what he had learned while roaming this world. He might not have all the answers, but he should at least get some right. 

Outside, a bunch of parents and their children were looking at boards that would say whether or not their child had passed. Loid looked around for K-212 and L-299, otherwise known as Anya and (Y/N)'s assigned numbers. He smiled once he spotted both. "There! You both passed!! Great job!!" Loid picked up Anya as (Y/N) stepped away, wanting to avoid any physical affection. "I did good?" Anya asked with a smile as she was lifted up. "You did very good!!" Loid started wobbling. "Wha...?" (Y/N) moved further away as Loid collapsed to the ground. "PAPAAA!" ...Did he die? (Y/N) tilted his head to the side as he carefully stepped closer to the adult laying on the ground. "Wha?!" I loosened up for a second, and the exhaustion got the better of me. "Don't leave me all alone!" Wait, me, Twilight? Loosen up?! What the hell is going on with me? 

At the Forger's new home, Loid laid on the couch, sleeping. "My papa's dead..." I don't think he's actually dead... Suddenly, the two kids heard knocking coming from their door. "Special delivery!" Anya and (Y/N) looked at each other before both approached the door. (Y/N) opened it, but it was decided that Anya would do the talking. "Is this the Forger household?" "I'm Anya Forger, this is (Y/N) Forger." (Y/N) waved to the mailman, other hand ready to grab Anya and pull her back inside in case this was a trap. The mailman, however, kept his smile as he pulled out two envelopes. "Then I need you two to give this to mommy or daddy." "There is no mommy." "Oh! I-I'm so sorry!" The smile quickly fell from the mailman's face. ...I don't think you should've said that... The two children went back inside, leaving the poor kind man somewhat traumatized. "Papa! You got two letters!" Anya lightly slapped Loid's face with her letter, but he didn't wake up. We should probably let him sleep... Anya snuggled up next to Loid and drifted off to sleep. (Y/N) grabbed a blanket and put it over both of them, the small smile on his lips going unseen. 

"WHAAGH?!" Loid jolted up, causing Anya to fall off the couch. (Y/N) looked up from the book he had been reading, tilting his head at Loid's sudden outburst. "WHAT THE-?! ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK?!" (Y/N) got up and went over to Anya, helping her up from off the ground. And now I'm falling asleep in front of other people?! I have to pull myself together! "You got mail!" Anya and (Y/N) both held out the envelopes to Loid. "Mail? Must be from Eden Academy." Loid opened the envelopes and took out both letters, freezing as he read them. "What is it, papa?" Probably something he didn't plan for. "'The second phase of the admissions process... A mandatory family interview... Both parents must attend with the applicant. Absolutely no exceptions." (Y/N) frowned. That's stupid, what about all the single parents out there? "But... there is no mommy!"

...

Franky's face was caked with make-up as he wore earrings and cat-eye glasses as he stood in front of the three Forgers. The family of three just stared at Franky. "No. This won't do." "I don't want this mama." "..." (Y/N) shook his head, agreeing with Loid and Anya. "I don't think you can pull off the mother role, Franky. Though I've met women who look worse..." I think he'd be more suited for an uncle role. "WITH ALL YOUR TALENT FOR DISGUISE, THIS IS THE BEST YOUCOULD COME UP WITH?! REALLY?!" "There's only so much I can do with that body type." Loid sat down, trying to figure out what to do. This is Operation Strix. My code name is Twilight. "I came all this way to help, you know!" "You can have a peanut." Anya tried to cheer up Franky while (Y/N) just sat next to Loid, waiting to see what the man would decide to do. As a spy from a Westalis Intelligence Agency, I was assigned this top-secret mission. The goal is to avert a war being engineered by Ostanian political leader Donovan Desmond. We managed to pass the entrance exam needed to work our way into Ostania's elite Eden Academy... but we failed to anticipate that both parents would be required to attend the mandatory follow-up interview. "There's no way around it, then. I'll go find a wife."