꒰ 003 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter . :: three
accident   ˚  ݂

Sunday afternoon Isabella Swan arrived in Forks, and Lydia was there to greet her, just as Charlie had requested. However, it was extremely awkward as Lydia tried to talk to the younger girl, but Isabella responded with monosyllables or murmurs. It was very odd, and Lydia simply thought it was because Isabella was a teenager and she had already gone through that stage.

Still, the three of them went out to eat to celebrate Isabella's arrival and Lydia's first week in Forks. At least that's what Charlie had said, he was the most excited.

Carver Cafe was their destination. The three of them took a seat by the window, and the atmosphere became somewhat uncomfortable as they struggled to find a topic of conversation. Perhaps it was the newcomer who wasn't engaging in conversation, and Lydia understood, but she simply wanted to flee from there. She resisted her impulses and focused on the plate of food in front of her and talking to Charlie about her first week of work at the hospital. He listened attentively.

After finishing their meal, Charlie insisted on paying the bill despite Lydia's refusal. It was impossible to argue with the man, so she had no choice but to thank him and promise that she would treat them next time.

Charlie and Isabella got into the patrol car, and Lydia had to do some other shopping, so she simply said goodbye to them standing next to her car.

Her first stop was the supermarket. She couldn't buy anything that needed to be kept in the fridge, but there were some other groceries that would keep her alive for another week.

Then she went in search of paint. Esme had said she could go buy it without any problem, but Lydia wanted to choose her preferred color... although she wasn't entirely sure yet. She didn't want something too flashy, but she also didn't want something outdated. She was more inclined towards something simple but not boring. In the end, she decided on a cappuccino brown and white color.

After paying for the paint cans and loading them into the car with the help of the salesman, she headed to a natural products store. She went there out of mere curiosity and to avoid arriving home too early. It was boring to just sit on the floor waiting for nightfall. And there was nothing left to clean, so that wasn't an option either.

In that store, she found some interesting bath salts that she didn't hesitate to buy along with some soap bombs and some scented candles. Perhaps a long, warm bath in the tub would be great to start a new week.

She was choosing a candle when she heard a voice behind her.

"The cinnamon one is quite strong, but if you want something softer, I recommend the vanilla one. Although if you ask me, my personal favorite is the coconut one."

She startled at the voice of Dr. Cullen. She looked at him with a furrowed brow, annoyed at being startled like that. Again. Did he always appear out of nowhere and in complete silence?