꒰ 007 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter . :: seven
explanations  ˚ ݂

A vampire? It had to be a damn joke.

Lydia couldn't sleep all night as she thought about what Carlisle had told her, and she didn't show up for work on her shift either. She simply lay in her bed wrapped in a pile of blankets, trying to keep her brain from exploding suddenly.

She was very intelligent, and she quickly connected the dots. But there were things that didn't make sense, of course she wasn't an expert connoisseur of those creatures because as far as she knew, they only existed in fiction and not in real life.

But if Carlisle was one of them, how could he work in a hospital full of injuries and blood? How did he go out in the daylight? Wasn't he supposed to burn? And his fangs? Had he ever killed anyone? Now his incredible beauty and the fact that he was perfect in everything made sense. How old could he be? Could he turn into a bat?

After not sleeping for two nights and staying awake until noon, her system couldn't take it anymore, and amid strange thoughts, she fell into a deep sleep. She opened her eyes a couple of hours later, realizing it was six in the evening and she had enough time to go to work.

She didn't want Cullen around, but that didn't mean she could just skip work as if nothing had happened. She had already lost a night and a half, and she didn't need her salary cut even more.

She was getting ready to leave when an idea suddenly pierced her brain. Were all the Cullens vampires? Esme, Emmett, Alice, and all the others she hadn't met? Surely that was the reason why they all looked alike.

She had to stop thinking so much. She wanted a simple and normal life, and if she pretended that none of this had happened, she could still go back to the boring life she longed for.

She got into her car, trying not to feel scared. Carlisle wouldn't hurt her, right? If he were going to, he would have already done it, wouldn't he? She took her time getting there, and when she parked the car, she realized Cullen was already there.

"Just pretend he doesn't exist," she encouraged herself.

She ran to the entrance because of the rain, which was quite heavy that night, and got a little wet, but once she had her uniform on, she would warm up again. Then she realized that her things had not left her small locker for two nights. She sighed tiredly; she just hoped she wouldn't get into trouble for missing a day.

She stood in front of the changing room door for a full five minutes, fearing to come out. She imagined that Carlisle already knew she was there, and that terrified her. When she gathered enough courage, she stepped out firmly and checked her entrance, where it appeared that she had gone to work the night before. As far as she remembered, she had stayed among her blankets, reflecting on the universe. Probably it was Cullen's doing, and although she deep down appreciated it, it wouldn't fix anything.