prologue

WALKING back to her apartment, humming a tune to herself Su-bin held a bouquet of flowers in her hand

WALKING back to her apartment, humming a tune to herself Su-bin held a bouquet of flowers in her hand. She wore a small smile on her lips as she entered the elevator, pressing the fifth floor.

She had talked to her father who was visiting her and he suggested something.

Something Su-bin wanted to hear from anyone. It was like a sign to her and she took it, her heart beating against her chest.

Hyeon-U had talked about the case he had nearly finished and said, "Maybe, give him another chance?"

Su-bin's heart fluttered at the thought and even though she couldn't completely forgive Renjun, she wanted to try.

Maybe a fresh start could help them.

Reaching her floor, Su-bin bit her lip thinking if Renjun would like the flowers. She wanted to say goodbye to her dad first, reaching the door to her apartment.

Getting her keycard out, Su-bin hovered the card over the reader and stopped.

She furrowed her eyebrows, the door was slightly open. Pushing the door open, Su-bin walked inside and towards the living room.

 There was blood.

Pools of blood swarmed the floor, staining the carpet and Su-bin dropped the flowers. She walked over with her eyes tearing up, finding her dad on the ground and someone crouching over him.

Su-bin couldn't let out a scream- she couldn't let the culprit go. But as she took another step, the person turned around.

It was Renjun.

oop-