01

part one,, I

part one,, I

2024

"GOD, when will this suffering end?!" Bora exclaimed, running her fingers through her hair.

Su-bin chuckled as she organised the medication into different small plastic boxes. She rolled up the sleeves of her medical coat and focused on the medication.

"We just started our placement and you're already regretting it?" Su-bin asked playfully.

Bora rolled her eyes as she sat down in the rolling chair. They were in a supply room with all the medications and other medical supplies.

"Well, if Doctor Park stops being such a dick then maybe I'd actually enjoy our placement," Bora whispered, glancing at the closed door.

Su-bin lightly giggled finishing her task and she looked at the time on her phone. It had been two years since the murder of her dad.

His case was closed without another word and Su-bin knew Renjun's gang was behind it. Her mind never let go of the image of Renjun hovering over Hyeon-U with his bloodied hands.

She couldn't believe what had happened but, she kept moving forward. There were times when she would go to the police station and demand an investigation.

Demanding justice for her dad but, no one listened to her.

Su-bin didn't feel joyous but she didn't feel so depressed. She was trying to get used to her father's death.

"I told you, that you didn't have to move to Seoul. I'm fine." Su-bin said as she pushed the trolley away.

The two walked out of the room and towards their meeting room where most of the student nurses gossiped and wasted time.

"I did it because I wanted to, Su-bin. Plus, this is a good experience for my future job." Bora replied, greeting the doctors and nurses who passed by them.

"But, I do have to say- city people are way more mean," Bora muttered with a pout.

Su-bin chuckled, "You can say that again."

Entering the room, student nurses and other registered nurses conversed with one another. Bora immediately walked over to the little kitchen station and made herself a cup of coffee.

Su-bin listened to many whispers around her. It was different here.

No one knew her as the rich and amazing Su-bin but, as the 'transfer from paradise'. It's what everyone described Kultur as.

The city of paradise where most celebrities go to. Su-bin enjoyed it, the fewer staring eyes at her and the gossip not being about her.

However, they were about Renjun.