An Unexpected Encounter

Naruto and Jiraiya rushed into the town and began searching, leaving no stone unturned. They searched and searched and searched but could not find her. Before they realised a couple hours had passed. Jiraiya, being a pervert, decided to take a break by doing some 'research'. Naruto of course did not believe him.

They checked into a local inn, and Jiraiya quickly left. Naruto decided to use the time to practice his rasengan.

It was extremely difficult. Naruto couldn't keep the rasengan spinning at such a high speed and in such a random manner without popping the ball. For hours he sat attempting it and for hours he failed. As he began another attempt, a knock could be heard on the door.

He assumed it was Jiraiya but decided to just check through the eye hole. He peered through and what he saw sent pure fear through his body. It was Sasuke's brother, Itachi. Itachi didn't seem very different apart from being much taller. His face seemed to bear a dark expression and his sharingan glowed brightly. Naruto's body began to tremble and flash backs of the day Itachi killed his clan, the day his life was forever changed, flashed through his mind.

He began to tremble and his breathing became more rapid. He knew he couldn't freeze here, or else he would be in trouble. Naruto decided the best course of action was to bite his lip as hard as he could, eventually drawing blood snapping him out of his daze.

Naruto didn't know what to do though. He decided the best thing to do what to block the door with his earth jutsus. He didn't want to destroy the inn but desperate times call for desperate measures.

He weaved the hand seals: Tiger -> Hare -> Boar -> Ram -> Dog  -> Ox -> Snake

Earth Style: Mud Wall

A tall wall sprung from the ground blocking the door. Naruto could hear the door being forced open and hoped his wall would hold.

However, with a swift kick from Itachi, the wall broke apart. Just as Itachi was about to enter the room, a howl of pure rage could be heard from the halls.

'ITACHI!!!' The voice yelled.

It was a voice very familiar to Naruto, then it dawned on him. It was Sasuke. Naruto wondered what he was doing here and why he was here.

Naruto decided to attempt using his rasengan against Itachi even though he knew it was incompleted. The blue spiral began to form in Naruto's hand as his other hand swiped over it spinning the chakra even more. He then rushed at Itachi, however, Itachi simply weaved the attack before catching Naruto's wrist in his palm. He gripped Naruto's wrist and threw him back into the room.

Naruto quickly got up but Itachi landed a swift blow to his stomach, causing him to drop to his knees. Sasuke then charged at Itachi Chidori in hand. However, Itachi simply grappled his wrist in a similar manner as he had done to Naruto before kicking Sasuke straight in his stomach.

Itachi then turned to Naruto, 'Both of you are weak. You need more hate. Perhaps it would be good, if you see Sasuke suffer a bit...'

Itachi then walked over to Sasuke. Naruto attempted to stand but the other person, who seemed to be Itachi's teammate who for some reason resembled a shark, stepped on his back just hard enough to keep him from moving. As Itachi neared Sasuke, Sasuke attempted to fight Itachi back, but all his attacks were futile and Itachi dodged them with ease.

Itachi caught one of Sasuke wrist, before bending it till it snapped. Naruto watched in horror, unable to help his best friend. Sasuke's screams were blood curdling. Naruto couldn't believe how someone could be so cruel. Itachi didn't stop there. He punched Sasuke straight in the stomach causing Sasuke to spit up blood. Then, Sasuke began to scream once more, an even worse scream than earlier.

'He put Sasuke under Tsukuyomi' the shark figure said, his foot still on Naruto's back.

'What are you talking about?' Naruto fired back, still struggling underneath the figure's foot as tears flowed from his eyes.

'It is an ocular genjutsu. One from the Mangekyō sharingan. It puts the recipient into a world of the user's choosing. Any pain felt there can be felt physically. And from the sounds of the screams, Sasuke is in hell...' the figure finished.

All of a sudden Sasuke's body felt limp as it fell to the ground.

'Sasuke!!!' Naruto bellowed across the hall.

'Don't worry. He isn't dead, just unconscious...' Itachi said as he turned to Naruto.

'You monster! How could you do such a thing!!!' Naruto said as orange chakra began to erupt from his body.

However, the strength from the chakra seemed to fade.

'There is no point using the demon's chakra. Not with my friend and his sword behind you anyways. Word of advice, it will just eat your chakra.' Itachi said as he walked closer to Naruto.

All of a sudden a kunai came whizzing through the air. Kisame threw a shuriken which intercepted the kunai.

Itachi turned round to face the direction of the kunai. 

'So, it's you Jiraiya, the toad sage.' Itachi said.

Jiraiya didn't not answer back, seeing the delicate predicament he was in. He began to weave hand seals:

Snake -> Boar -> Rat -> Dragon -> Boar -> Dragon -> Tiger

'Ninja Art: Toad Mouth Trap' The sage yelled as he slammed his hands on the ground.

A tube of muscle began to encase the hall. The muscle swallowed up Naruto, before spitting him out beside Jiraiya.

Naruto ran to Sasuke's side checking up on him.

Itachi and his companion ran away from Jiraiya before a large bang erupted from around the corner. Jiraiya returned back.

'They escaped' Jiraiya said a bit angered.

Naruto didn't reply but remained at Sasuke's side. Jiraiya did a quick check on Sasuke telling Naruto Sasuke's mind seemed to have been damaged, but will be fine.

All of a sudden, Guy Sensei turned round the corner.

'Perfect timing guy, I need you to take Sasuke back to the village and immediately. He seems to have sustained mental damage aswell as a broken wrist. He also has several bruises along his body. Understood?' Jiraiya said.

'I want to go with him' Naruto told Jiraiya.

'No Naruto. Your training is extremely important' Jiraiya said.

'My friends are more important than any power' Naruto called back angered.  'If you had been here, he wouldn't have been hurt this badly! But of course you weren't here!!' Naruto screamed now very angry.

'You're right! And I am sorry. But, if you truly want to protect your friends you will need strength. That's just the truth, plus don't forget your dream about being hokage.' Jiraiya said a bit sad after the outburst from Naruto.

Naruto calmed down, realizing Jiraiya was right.

'I am sorry. But, Sasuke is my best friend and accepted me despite what everyone else said. His parents adopted me so he's my brother and my best friend.' Naruto said, trying his hardest not to break down into tears.

'It's alright Naruto. I understand.' Jiraiya said, ruffling Naruto's hair.

'Now Guy, take Sasuke to the village. Naruto, we need to rest. I found out Tsunade is in another town, so we need to leave bright and early alright?' Jiraiya said.

'Yes sir' Naruto replied as Guy sensei picked up Sasuke and in a flash was gone.

-

Thank you for reading. I am sorry for not making a new chapter for over a week, I have been a bit busy with exams coming up plus I started another what if aswell on this account.

It's called The Tale Of Madara Uchiha. Madara will be the protagonist as he is my favourite Naruto character.

Anyways thanks for reading. Please forgive me if I don't upload another chapter for a while. My exams are starting very soon so I am trying to prepare.

Thank you for understanding.

:)