Chapter 13

The next morning when Alex woke up, she rolled over to see Ben standing by the mirror getting ready.

"Where are you going love," she whispered.

He turned around and smiled, "Look who's finally up, I thought you where going to sleep all day,"

"What time is it, and don't avoid my other question," she said sternly.

"It's one in the afternoon and I'm going to train the pack," he said with a humorous gleam in his eyes.

She jumped out of bed and got ready in record time. By the time she got out of the bathroom, Ben was already gone. When she went to open the door, David was there posed like he was about to knock.

"Um, hey Alex, I was wondering if you wanted to do something today, you know as friends," he said shyly.

"David I don't think that's a good idea. Why don't we do something here at the pack house," she replied.

He looked sad but said a faint "Okay."

"What do you want to do," he asked.

"Why don't we have a movie day in the cinema room?"

"That sounds good, do you want your kids to join?"

"Um, no but let me tell Ben and find someone to watch the kids, then I'll meet you in the cinema room, you can go ahead and pick out the movie."

"Okay," he said then turned and walked away.

Alex went to find Ben, she found him in the back yard teaching the pack to fight in human form.

"Ben, can we talk?"

"Of course," he said then boomed, "Take five everyone."

"What is it Alex, is something wrong?"

"No I just wanted to tell you that David and me are going to have a movie day in the cinema room if you need us and I'm getting someone to watch the kids."

"Oh okay, just please be careful around him."

"I will... I love you baby."

"I love you to."

Alex walked back into the house and to the movie room to see David had put in a movie, popped popcorn, got drinks, got other junk food, and got a bunch of blankets for them.

"Wow, you really went all out didn't you," she said while laughing.

"Do you not like it? We can do something else or I can get rid of all this stuff," he said in a panicked tone.

"No, David it's perfect, don't worry," she said while going to sit next to him.

He wrapped a blanket around her shoulders and smiled at her, "Thank you."

"Your welcome," he said.

They sat there smiling at each other, slowly leaning closer, just when their lips were about to touch Alex said, "We should start the movie."

David started the movie and they sat there for hours watching different movies, eating, drinking, and laughing. Around seven o'clock Ben came in looking for Alex and saw them both having fun. When Alex turned to him she had the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey babe, want to come join us," she asked.

"No, but Alex I think you need to come to bed."

"Oh okay."

"Bye David, thank you I had fun today," said Alex before she left the room.

They both to Caleb's room to see that all the kids were cuddled up in there. Alex and Ben kissed their heads and headed to bed.