Chapter 30

The next day, Lia woke up in the same room. She felt someone moved on her side and saw Damien. He's sitting beside the bed and laid his head down on the sheets, asleep. Lia smiled softy seeing Damien on her side.

Thank you, Damien. Lia thought.

She still has bruises on her face, but she already consumed medicine. Her wounds on elbow and arms were also treated already. She felt better now, unlike yesterday where her body feels like she just hiked a mountain.

I can actually get out of here, I feel better now. Lia thought.

She looked at the window and the sun is already up. Outside the hospital you can already hear sounds from the battle area.

She cares Damien's hair which makes him awaken from a deep slumber. He tilted his head upwards from his sitting position and rubbed her eyes.

Good morning, my love. Damien said in a husky and bedroom voice.

Lia is having goosebumps because of the voice he had.

What a voice dude! Its a voice of a hunk indeed! Lia thought.

Good morning too, boss. Lia responds as she gave the man a soft smile.

What do you want to eat for breakfast? Damien asks

Uhh.. anything but light breakfast, boss.

Damien called for a nurse stationed outside to order some soup and herbal tea for Lia and himself.

As the two finished breakfast. Lia spoke,

Boss, Can I get out of here? I feel better now. Lia

Damien looked at her before she replied.

No, my love. You still need some rest. Damien said in a soft voice.

Lia's showed a disappointed face as she lowered her head. After few seconds she lifted it up and said,

Pleeeasse boss? She pleaded with eyes that Damien cannot seem to say no. He took a deep breath and replied,

Alright. He then smiled at her.

..but you need to rest, don't overwork yourself, hmm? Damien said

Yes boss. Lia replied with a victory smile.

You can move in with me my love, if you want. Damien suggested that made Lia choked in her own saliva.

Are you alright? Damien panicked.

I didn't mean to surprise you. Damien chuckled after Lia recovered.

When Lia regained from choking, she said,

I thought only married couples do that boss? Lia asks.

Yes, my love. But we're getting there and besides we wont be sharing the same bed until marriage. Damien said

I can watch over you, and I will be at peace knowing that you are safe within my haven. Damien added.

Lia gulped the lump on her throat. She likes Damien but the idea of living together with him is sudden. Besides, her father and Claine might scold him.

You can live under my roof as we wait for the marriage, my love. It will be convenient since we could see each other everyday. Damien convinces her.

Well, with that looks of yours boss, who wouldn't want to be your husband, right? Lia thought as she kept a light smile on her face.

I admit I have a crush on you boss, but I think its too much to live in together. Lia thought then sighed.