Ch 4, Part 3

...

I slowly opened my eyes.

I was in the trial room. I didn't know what was going on, but it looked like a trial had just ended..

And someone was going to get executed.

Tsumugi's maniacal laughter erupted out of nowhere.

"Alright! Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!"

Tsumugi pushed a button to start the execution, and then the next thing I knew..

Rantaro had a chain around his neck and was being pulled away.

I tried so hard to reach out to him and grab his hand, but I couldn't.

He got pulled to another room and the door closed. I couldn't see what was happening, for whatever reason there was no screen to watch..

But I heard a chainsaw, a scream, and blood splatter.

And that was all I needed to know he was dead.

Tsumugi's evil laughter kept playing in my head over and over and over and over and over and over and-

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Agh.. What?

Well, that was an interesting dream.. Thank goodness that's all it was..

It was the middle of the night when I woke up to knocking on my door. I groaned, got up and walked slowly to the door. I opened it only to find nobody on the other side of it.

I sighed. I was about to close it before I looked down and noticed another note on the ground.

Gosh, if this is from the same person who wrote that other note, I swear..

I reached down to grab the note and after I did, I closed the door and went back to my bed. I turned on the lamp and sat down so I could read it.

It's almost 1:30, bitch. I better see you in that game room. Otherwise, well.. Let's just say things will be worse if you don't show up rather than if you do.

I started shivering. Does this person really want me there that badly..?

Well, crap. Now I'm conflicted.

I didn't want to go to this because I was scared I might get murdered, and I still am, but..

If I go, I'll supposedly be better off than if I don't go.

...

*Sigh*

Okay, this is an insane risk to take, but.. Let's do it.

--

I walked and walked through the halls, my nerves only building up more with every step. What if the second I walked in there I got stabbed? Or maybe worse?

..Okay, maybe this was a bad idea.

It's fine, nothing bad will happen..

Right..?

I took a deep breath the moment I reached the door of the game room. I mentally prepared myself before softly turning the door knob, and..

"Oh, Kaede, you got invited to this, too?"

I looked around in surprise as I saw almost everyone else already here, only a few missing. Those few specifically are Maki, Ryoma, and Tsumugi.

I turned back to Shuichi to answer his question.