9

A/N. I think I'd like to stop with the y/n trope and change be her name to something else. It will still be *you* just with a general name. Suggestions? And I've also changed the book title.

Also, yes, it is very obvious this book is heavily ib MBAHA by ejstoriess. I am not trying to copy that absolute work of art. ❤️

And thank u sm for 10k reads!!!!

——————

Y/N POV

Ms. Romanoff left my apartment and I ran my hands through my hair, trying to process what had just happened. The conversation, the undeniable chemistry—it all felt surreal. My mind replayed the moments, the looks, the touches, the subtle yet charged exchanges.

I walked over to the window, staring out at the city lights, my thoughts racing.

I could still feel the warmth of her hand in mine, the softness of her voice as she said she wanted to see where this could go. Natasha Romanoff was not just my boss, not just the enigmatic woman from work. She was someone who had seen parts of me that few others had.

I sighed and turned away from the window, my apartment feeling both intimate and strangely empty now. The memory of her smile lingered, and I couldn't help but smile too. This was new territory, and while it was exciting, it was also daunting. A few moments later, there was another familiar knock at my door, and I hesitated before answering. Natasha stood in the doorway, holding a piece of paper displayed in her hand.

"Are you in?" she asked, her tone playful as she waved the contract in my face.

I felt a rush of nerves as I weighed the consequences of playing this game with Natasha. But the thrill of the challenge and the magnetic pull between us were impossible to resist. "Yeah?" I replied, my voice determined.

I ushered her into my room, closing the door behind us. As Natasha leaned against the doorframe, I quickly ran through the pros and cons in my head, trying to quell the rising sense of apprehension.

"Then sign the paper, baby," she said, her lips curling into a smirk as she handed me a pen and the paper.

I skimmed through the contract, my heart pounding in my chest. The terms were clear and binding, laying out the rules of the game in black and white. My job at Romanoff Designs was on the line, a stark reminder of the stakes involved.

"The specific terms of this Contract are as follows:

    1.    Three passes are given to each party. If a pass is used, the second party must comply with the request of the first.
    2.    When a party runs out of their passes, they are declared as the loser of the game and owe the winning party anything they request.
This Contract may not be modified in any manner unless in writing and signed by both Parties. If a party pulls out of the contract without consent from the second, or disobeys the requirements above, their position at Romanoff Designs is immediately terminated."

"Terminated?" I looked up, surprised. "So my job is on the line?!"

Natasha's expression softened, and she reached out to reassure me. "No, it's not, unless you breach the rules, of course. I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't pull out."

I hesitated, the weight of the decision bearing down on me. Natasha snatched the paper back from me, signing it using the wall as a flat surface, before handing it back with a playful grin. "Come on. You're no fun."

With a deep breath, I quickly sketched my signature onto the line at the bottom of the paper and handed it back to her. "I'm in."

Natasha's grin widened, satisfaction evident in her eyes. "Wonderful," she said, taking the paper back. "And be ready tomorrow. Our flight is at 10."