Chapter 3

7.50

abby has been chattering all morning about how excited she is for parents and our sorry excuse of parents to meet.

mom and dad both gave me a small smile when I told them minho's family invited us over. I tried not to let it show how annoyed I am about them meeting.

minho is sort of my safe space. it feels like im contaminating him by introducing him to what he keeps me safe from.

abby takes the bus to school and I usually walk to minho's stop and take the bus with him.

abby decides to come with me on the bus with minho.

i don't like it. I like to be alone with minho. now abby is going to follow us everywhere.

minho doesn't seem bothered though and greets the two of us with a smile. "hi sung, hi abby."

I stop in front of him awkwardly. I don't know what I'm supposed to greet him with now that my sister is around. he daps me up. I cringe. he giggles.

"just practicing for tonight," he teases, pulling me in for a hug. I smile into his chest.

abby rolls her eyes. "shall we get in the bus brother and brother in law?"

the three of us slide into a bus seat made for two. I'm squished in the middle, and minho gives abby the window seat. I scoot closer to him.

he wraps an arm around my shoulders. "jisung," he says. "I didn't realize you don't totally love hanging around my friends. do you want to just eat lunch as the two of us today?"

I shake my head, laughing softly at him. "I like to just sit quietly next to you," I say, resting my head in its comfortable spot of his shoulder.

he puts his hand on my cheek, patting me. for a second I remember abby is next to us. I turn to look at her. she is looking at us wistfully.

she wrinkles her nose when I notice. "what? I want to have one happy couple in the family."

I make a face in her direction, getting a little bit more comfortable with the PDA. the bus seats are covered enough that no one is paying attention to us cuddling except my sister.

minho gets out his airpods and sticks one in my ear, putting the other one on. one ear is pressed against his shoulder and the other one has a noise canceling airpod in, so all the outside noise is drowned out.

its nice.

8.26

minho offers to walk me to class but I shoo him away. he frowns but leaves and I head to english.

school has always been a distraction from me, but it isn't a big enough distraction from the dreaded dinner party thats going to occur today.

I know that minho promised we could hang out alone.

i just feel like my parents are gonna ruin everything. either they fight there and humiliate me. or they go home and have a fight about minho.

I sigh, looking down at my messages.

minho 11.32 pm yesterday
jisung
my parents said yea
wbu?
-
you 11.35 pm
Mine also said yeah
-
minho 11.35
youre still cool with coming over right?
we can still cancel
dont feel pressured or anything
-
jisung 11.36
You don't make me feel pressured
Ever
-
minho 11.38
goodnight, ji
i miss you
cant wait for tomorrow
-

jisung 11.38
Night
I miss you.
…

3.40

I meet up with minho outside his classroom, and he grins at the sight of me.