~Chapter 5: Friends?~

(Y/n POV)

     As we walked in the cafeteria again, Ali went up to Daniel right away. "Daniel come on! You took so long, let's go finish our lunches!" Ali said happily looking at Daniel and totally ignoring me. Daniel looked at me for reassurance that he could go. I nodded.

      I headed back at my table and find Johnny sitting at my table. "Hey princess, sorry about yesterday and earlier today, I was just upset at Daniel." Johnny said while he winked. "Don't ever call me that again, we broke up MONTHS ago." I said as I rolled my eyes. "Aww come on, don't play hard to get, I know you want me." He said walking up to me. "You wish!" I said as I push him away. "Oh come on, don't you want to get revenge on Daniel for yelling at you and for dating Ali?" Johnny said coming closer to me again. I look over at Daniel and see him and Ali kissing AGAIN.

        I think about it for a moment. I couldn't just become jealous again, I can't just let jealousy tear us apart, we are still friends no matter what! "No, Johnny, we made up and I am not trying to get revenge! Just leave me alone!" I said not regretting my words. I didn't want another fight between me and Daniel. Johnny rolled his eyes and walked away.

    (Time skip to after school)
        I started walking out of school and saw Daniel waiting for me, leaning against a street lamp post. He immediately runs up to me and grabs my arm. "Come on! Let's go to my place now! I'm really confused about the math we just learned." He said while running as we started heading to his apartment.

      "Alright, alright! Now stop pulling my arm!" I said while laughing, but it soon stopped after Daniel bumped into Johnny by accident, since Daniel had been looking at me. "Woah! Watch where you're going you dumbass!" Johnny said while he pushed Daniel down, letting go of my arm. "Jeez, sorry man, didn't know you could get offended so easily." Daniel said under his breath while standing back up. "What did you just say!?" Johnny snapped. "Chill out Johnny! It was by accident" I said back.

      After I said that he immediately pushed me down. "I wasn't talking to you, y/n! Daniel, if I see you hangin' out with Ali again I won't be afraid to make YOUR life miserable. She should've been MINE and MINE ONLY." Johnny said looking seriously at Daniel like he was about to punch him. Before he could, I quickly kick and swipe his feet off the ground and start running. "Come on Daniel! Let's leave while he's down!" I said while grabbing Daniel's arm. We both ran and arrived to his apartment.

    "Thanks" Daniel said while we opened the door to his room. "For what?" I replied after quickly greeting his mom. "For getting us away from Johnny" Daniel said taking a seat at the edge of his bed. "Oh, you're welcome, it's no big deal." I responded soon after I sat down next to him.

       An hour later and we finished our homework, we just sat on the bed in kinda awkward silence. "So, anything on your mind?" I said, finally breaking the silence. "Oh, right, sorry, just been thinking, ya' know?" Daniel replied while scratching the back of his head. "About what?" I questioned. "About me and Ali's relationship.. I love her but she always tries to break our friendship between me and you, plus it doesn't even seem like she loves me back, it's like she just says "I love you" to keep our relationship in tact." Daniel said looking down.

      I first responded with silence that soon broke. "I'm sure she loves you back, who wouldn't? She probably just needs to spend more time with you, to get used to you." I responded trying to be supportive even though on the inside I just wanted Daniel to dump her. "Thanks for being a supportive best friend." He said with a smile. I just smiled back.

      After a few hours of talking and laughing. I texted my mom I'd be spending dinner here. Since it was getting a bit late and Mrs. LaRusso suggested for me to eat dinner with her and Daniel for tonight. After I  was done eating, I offered to clean the dishes, but Mrs. LaRusso quickly declined my offer and thanked me. Once the clock hit 7pm, I waved goodbye to Daniel and his mother as I started heading out the door, back to my apartment next door, knowing my mom would probably want me back home by 8pm.

(Daniel's POV:)

     After y/n left, I started heading back to my room, but my mom quickly said something to me before I stepped in. "You sure you made a right decision dating that Ali girl?" "I think so, why?" I said, unsure. "Oh it's just y/n seems like a better person for you, I like her better, she has better manners than that Ali girl. I get that you like Ali, but I don't know if she the best match for you." She said washing the dishes. "I know, I know, I'll think about it." I said continuing to head back into my room.