Chapter 28: Break Through

Modern showers were something out of heaven. This was what Sir Aaron believed to be the most wonderous invention that humanity had ever created. Not the delicious food of today, not the devices his niece was obsessed with, not whatever the internet was. The showers. Especially, taking a shower after being washed out of a building by a giant sea monster.

The knight finally understood why Amanda took so long to get ready in the mornings. The showers were just simply bliss. The warm clean feeling they gave was a great comfort after being doused in salty ice-cold water. The soft sleep clothes only added to this effect.

The same couldn't be said for Lucario however, his auratic partner just couldn't see the appeal of modern showers and had to be convinced to be rinsed off. The re-wetting certainly didn't do anything for Lucario's mood. The Jackal like Pokémon was now back to burrowing into the sofa of their hotel room.

And misery loved to have company.

"I never need to see another Gyrados again," Goh groaned, flopping onto his bedding.

"Oh, then how will you fill your pokedex?" Amanda chimed in from the small breakfast table on the other side of the room.

"Don't patronize me," Goh groaned, "Wait you could hear me?"

"My main pair of hearing aids may be waterlogged, but that doesn't I don't have a spare," Amanda said, not looking up from her laptop screen.

Goh hummed and nodded.

"Is it more common to see, sea beasts such at that one?" Sir Aaron asked.

"Any water-type trainer is likely gunning for one," Amanda said.

"Sea Beasts?" Goh said.

"That's what my sailor friends called them. I haven't seen one in person before today, and I'd rather not meet once again," Sir Aaron.

"Wait you've never seen one?" Goh sat up on his elbows.

Sir Aaron shook his head, "Cameron Palace was not near a seaport. I was never in the right location to see one."

Thank the Alpha for that. Lucario grumbled, amazingly allowing Riolu to climb all over him. Sir Aaron suppressed a smile at the sight; that pup had his partner wrapped around his small paw.

"Huh, I guess you wouldn't, after all wild Gyrados live in open deep water, and none of them were domesticated before the late 1800s," Goh mumbled to himself.

The door opened and in walked Ash, still in damp day clothes, and many white bags in hand. Pikachu jumped from his trainer's shoulder and ran into the room at Pichu, inciting a game of tag.

"Dinner!" Ash shouted, "That's little place I remembered from my time traveling for the Unova league was still open!"

Ash walked over to the breakfast table and began unpacking the bags. Amanda leaned away with slight distaste.

"Uhm, are you not going to shower before you eat?" Amanda asked.

"No, why?" Ash raised a confused brow.

Amanda's expression flattened, "Do you know how much saliva in is a Gyrados's hydro pump attack?"

"Annnnnd! Shower sounds like a good idea!" Ash slapped the table top as he walked towards the washroom, "Can you keep my food warm?"

"No problem!" Goh said, walking over to the table, and resuming the unpacking of evening meal, "'Teriyaki Hoohoot on rice with wasabi?'" He read out loud.