A New Street Breed Member

The 32 drivers are reunited with their teams around Tezla's HQ, Kurt Wylde's team has 2 drivers left and he was waiting for Dan Dresden to arrive, not knowing that someone very familiar would try to convince him to enter the team, he trusted Dan Dresden to choose one of the best drivers to be on the team while Kurt will choose the last driver on his own.

Lani, the female member of the Wave Rippers team was making adjustments on her car until she saw Vert talking with Alec Wood, the woman smiled and walked towards them.

"I suppose this is one of our new recruits", Lani said while crossing her arms

"Lani Tam, meet Alec Wood", said Vert introducing his friend to his teammate

"wheels or waves. I'm the best", said Alec Wood

"The humble type, huh? I know this is basic math, Vert, but still, we have one driver short" Lani made a gesture with her hand pointing one finger.

"hey I just did 16, okay? Half of the guys I know cannot even drive", Vert complained

The trio heard a car sound and it was Kurt's Slingshot making some drifts, but that's not him driving. Everyone noticed that Kurt was not in his car, making him mad.

"Who's driving my car?!", Kurt yelled while asking

"Whoever it is, they should having fun," said Banjee making fun of Kurt

Kurt walked towards it until his car stopped right in front of him, the car's hood started to open to reveal the driver.

"GET OUT OF MY CAR. NOW!", commanded Kurt

What Kurt didn't expect was that his young brother, Mark Wylde, was driving his Slingshot.

[timeskip, because everyone knows the scene]

Kurt refused Mark to be part of his team and saw Dan Dresden's car arriving at the place, he leaned on Slingshot while observing his teammate getting out of his car. Dan Dresden went to the passenger's side, opened the door, and extended his hand to someone like a gentleman to a lady. A girl took his hand and stepped out of Side Draft, revealing that it was Mari, already wearing a Street Breed driving suit.

(drawing made by me, do not steal!!)

"Kurt, I think you might know Logan's young sister

"Kurt, I think you might know Logan's young sister. This is Maria, she will be one of our new drivers on the Street Breed team"

"Maria who?", asked Kurt not sounding very interested

"Maria da Silva Oliveira, sir- I mean, leader- I mean-- ugh", said Maria nervously stuttering

Kurt's look didn't change from his serious face, he blinked twice and stared at Dan Dresden

"Are you sure that you chose the right person?", asked Kurt ofending the girl.

"excuse me?" Dan Dresden asked feeling confused, "I'm pretty sure that Maria is a very good driver".

"yeah, before an accident happen", Kurt's comment made Dan cringe for her, "so Maria, why did you come here anyway? Do you have any experience for racing?".

"well umm... ever since I was thirteen and my brother started racing for the first time in his career, I've noticed that-- It's hard to say, but seeing my big brother happy while racing made me feel happy for him and I wanted to know the experience of racing and why this makes him feel so blissful, so after I took my license last year, I never felt the same experience as he felt. It's my dream, I know it sounds ridiculous-", Maria spoke nervously trying not to sound very shy and also very childish in front of Kurt Wylde, but she was interrupted by him.

"stop stop stop, this is already ridiculous. Look kid, I'm going to tell and show you some reality, dreaming isn't sufficient and this ain't a movie where 'everything can happen if you believe' Also how can I trust you to be part of my team if you don't have any experience for driving? And you might break more than a leg".

She felt her heartbeat get faster of anxiousness, but she thought to herself to calm down and take a deep breath, when Maria was about to say something, Dan already intruded.

"Kurt, I understand you being skeptical, but why don't you give Maria a chance? She might be better than her brother. Or even better than you", Dan smirked when he said 'better than you', because he knows that Kurt likes to be the best and wants to be the greatest driver than everyone else.

The Street Breed leader felt a little bit of anger growing and burning his head, he felt that it was like a challenge. He started to think, she would be a great placement instead of his little brother because he never wanted Markie to participate in the World Race for loads of reasons, but the principal reasons are his reputation after the Grand Prix competition and also his other side...

A 'Tsk' could be heard from Kurt and he frowned, It looked like the competition was won once again, "All right, you win. But I have some rules, the Street Breed are born to lead and to win, so we never make friendships with the other teams. We never help them in a race. Did I make myself clear?"

Maria smiled and then made a serious face, she nodded at what Kurt had said. He guided her to a car with purple and green paintings, it had green windows and the front view looked beautiful.

"It's so pretty" Maria was stunned by the car' design

"This is a Mercy Breaker, more likely, Mercy Breaker 2.0, Dr. Tezla has said it has the same design as the original Mercy Breaker, but with some adjustments, like the engine exhaust sound" Kurt informed

Maria pressed the car's door button and it opened vertically like a Mercedes-Benz McLaren. The car's inside is almost the same as the Street Breed cars, the map, the buttons including the nitrox, and a helmet.

She grabbed the helmet and looked determinedly at Kurt meaning that she was ready for the first challenging race of her life.

TO BE CONTINUED...