Prologue

Prologue:

The White Room was a place of coldness, both literally and metaphorically

The White Room was a place of coldness, both literally and metaphorically. The artificial, sterile environment fostered a sense of detachment, even among the children who had known nothing else their entire lives. The structured schedule and strict discipline left little room for warmth or comfort. Kiyotaka and Haruki were two of the many children who had been raised within its walls, trained rigorously from a young age to excel in academics and physical prowess. Established by their own father. But the heartlessness of the institution slowly began to erode their trust in the adults who controlled their every move.

Kiyotaka and Haruki, though twins, possessed very different personalities. Kiyotaka was more reserved and introspective, while Haruki had a more outgoing and adventurous spirit. Yet, they shared an unbreakable bond and a mutual desire for freedom. As the children grew older, they began to question the purpose of the White Room and its intentions for them. This doubt, combined with their strong will to escape, led them to devise a plan.

One cold, snowy night, they seized an opportunity to break free. The storm provided the perfect cover for their escape, and the twins moved stealthily through the dark corridors, avoiding the watchful eyes of the White Room's staff. The sound of howling wind and falling snow drowned out their footsteps as they crept through the shadows, their breath visible in the frigid air.

After what felt like an eternity of cautious movement, they reached the perimeter of the facility. Scaling the high, razor-wire fence was a treacherous task, but their training had prepared them for such challenges. They made their way over the fence, landing softly on the other side. The twins didn't look back as they set out into the snow-covered landscape, their eyes fixed on the distant glow of civilization.

The biting cold and deep snow made the journey arduous, but they pressed on. They knew they couldn't afford to stop until they were far away from the White Room. As the hours passed, their exhaustion grew, but their determination never wavered. The twins leaned on each other for support and motivation, each one serving as the other's anchor.

Finally, after what seemed like a lifetime of wandering through the desolate landscape, they stumbled upon an orphanage nestled on the outskirts of a small town. The sight of the building, with its dim lights and smoke rising from its chimney, brought a glimmer of hope to their weary hearts. They approached cautiously, unsure of what kind of reception they would receive.

The caretaker at the orphanage welcomed them with open arms, offering them warmth and safety from the cold night. The twins were provided with food, blankets, and a place to rest. The familiarity of kindness and care was foreign to them, but they embraced it, grateful to be free from the oppressive grip of the White Room.

Over time, they adjusted to life at the orphanage, finding solace in the camaraderie of the other children and the nurturing guidance of the staff. Though the scars of their upbringing lingered. They vowed to never return to the life they had left behind and to face whatever challenges the world had in store for them as a team.

It was at the orphanage that they first encountered Mrs. Suminoe, a kind and compassionate woman who saw the potential in the twins and decided to adopt them. She had been visiting the orphanage regularly, supporting the children and the staff. When she met Kiyotaka and Haruki, she sensed a profound depth in them and knew they had experienced much in their short lives.

Mrs. Suminoe provided the twins with a sense of safety and stability they had never known. When she offered to take them in as her own, they accepted with gratitude, ready to embark on a new chapter of their lives...so they hoped.

Upon arriving at Mrs. Suminoe's home, Kiyotaka and Haruki met their soon-to-be sisters, Riko and Ako. The girls were initially curious about the newcomers, eager to meet the boys who would now be a part of their family. Riko, a vibrant and spirited girl, was quick to approach the twins with a friendly smile and a hug. Ako, a little more reserved but just as kind-hearted, greeted them warmly.

The girls were excited to welcome the twins into their family, and though there were some initial adjustments, they soon found themselves bonding over shared meals, games, and activities. Kiyotaka and Haruki were surprised by the warmth and acceptance they received from their sisters, which helped ease their transition into their new lives.

As time passed, the four siblings grew closer, forming strong bonds built on mutual respect and affection. Mrs. Suminoe's home became a sanctuary of love and safety for Kiyotaka and Haruki, providing them with the support and nurturing environment they needed to heal and flourish.