𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 - 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭

- cassandra 'cass, cas, cassie' pov - fifty five 
february 7th 2023, girls who cry (gwc) 55 - 55

"damn prostitute," fua huffs out a curse as he gets in the car, returning from the short trip he just took in the coffee shop. he breathes out another huff and the small paper pastry bag in his hand sounds out a few crinkles as he gets himself settled, pullin' off his moncler he threw over his hoodie as he does. i don't know why he had a mind to pick that coat off of a hanger in his closet and bring it with him anyway. it's almost 50 degrees out this afternoon.

"who are you calling a prostitute?" i ask, glancing over at him and his bushy brows arched in irritation.

"fuckin' tacky dressed goofy had his bag out on the floor." he begins with a sharp kiss of teeth, sitting up as he puts his nissan in drive. yeah, he has a nissan now. he wouldn't give me all the specifics but apparently over holiday, he played a hand in moving a large amount of cocaine from colombia to some important people in the united states and they paid him for it. he wouldn't tell me how much. "i tripped over it, almost ate shit." he complains, pulling out of park. "like, at least put it in the chair next to you or somethin'.."

"and he's a prostitute because he didn't?" i tease, a lil' amused with his anger. "why does he have to be a prostitute?"

"because i said so."

i simply roll my eyes, shaking my head against the headrest before glancing out the window as we zoom past a variety of shops and stores with people bustling in and about. i assume some of them are probably returning the gifts they received from christmas and stuff. it's been a while though.

they're really late gift-returners, and i am no longer in hawai'i. i've been back here in vancouver since the 18th of january, it'll be the 18th of february in awhile.

time flies, i guess. not really though. not all the times. most of the times are some. anyhow, like i said, i've been back from hawai'i for awhile and i've got sumn' to show for it. good grades? well yeah, i've been doing well in school since the year started back up. i've also been waking up earlier, eating breakfast, running on my free days, going to interviews, checking in with my friends back home, spending with fua, talking to hail.

every night since i've been gone from hawai'i, me and hail, we sit on the phone at night and i just find myself reflecting on so much and.. just talking about so much. i don't know what switch flipped in me but that's what's been going on.

i find myself ranting to her a lot and the stuff that i rant about doesn't even have to do with my day. like, we'd first get on the phone, she'll ask me if i ate and how my day was, i answer her and ask her the same questions right back, and then pretty soon, 2 hours have gone like that and i'm lying on back, staring at my wall, droning on about the time i was dared to pour half a bottle of water down my ear in 5th grade. i didn't pour much before i started to freak out about my inability to hear out of my left ear.

or more currently, i had a discussion with her about the longing i want for spaces i thought i've secured spots in. i don't know what in me made me bring that up with her, but i did. that was a few days ago though. excuse me, nights.

last night, i almost brought myself to tears because in the earlier morning some guy shoulder checked me and i didn't even see him to move out of the way before he did, and when he shoulder checked me, i dropped my coffee and i felt so embarrassed, and i started my period that morning so i was feeling sad, and when i was telling her about it that night, i just wanted her to be with me and hug me. so silly.

but our conversations don't always revolve around the concept of low spirits and deep conversations, a week ago i got drunk in my room and called her up to have phone sex.