𝟭𝟯 | 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗜𝗖𝗞

The Past...

Seokjin's love for Hyuna was endless. From the way she twirled her hair when she was deep in thought to the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about her dreams, he was captivated by her every move. She was the epitome of beauty, elegance, and ambition, everything he had ever dreamed of in a partner. Hyuna had a playful side too, always making him laugh with her witty remarks and mischievous grin.

As a successful businessman and a prominent figure in South Korea, Seokjin knew that Hyuna was the perfect match for him. They complemented each other in every way, with their personalities and goals aligning seamlessly. The first time Seokjin went to Hyuna's house to seek permission to marry her, Seokjin was nervous. But when her father greeted him politely, that's when he knew Mr. Kim was one of his workers. 

Seokjin's nervousness doubled up at the revelation, afraid that her father would not allow her daughter to marry him; then her mother had the say for everyone. Seokjin was glad that Mrs. Kim did not oppose their relationship and seemed too excited to learn that Seokjin was the CEO of where her husband worked. It's a win for Seokjin. 

Hyuna left him to talk to her parents while she got ready for their dinner. Seokjin without further ado revealed his intention to propose to Hyuna that night and ask for their blessing and permission. Mrs. Kim almost screamed at him, being zealously happy. Mr. Kim was hesitant for a moment before Seokjin convinced him that he loved Hyuna and would like Hyuna to be his wife. 

"Hyuna is still a young and free-spirited girl..." Mr. Kim said.

Seokjin smiles. "I know and I'm willing to support whatever she wanted to do in her life..." he said.

Mr. Kim sighed. "I'm not sure..."

"Honey, I think they are mature enough to make a decision about this," Mrs. Kim interrupted the conversation. 

Mr. Kim wanted to say something to rebut but Seokjin beat him first. "I promise you that I will love Hyuna all my life..."

Mr. Kim stared at the young CEO with a conflicting feeling. He glanced at his wife and noticed the side eyes and her expression. Mr. Kim heaved, deep and long before he whispered a simple 'ok'. 

Seokjin grinned at the words, thanking both countlessly until Hyuna appeared. Hyuna looked at them with a questioning look, but Seokjin just grabbed her hand and said nothing so that his plan would not be spoiled. Hyuna raised her brows in confusion but decided not to ask anything. When she turned to her mother, she noticed the happiness on her face and Hyuna immediately knew that everything was all right. 

"Let's go..." said Seokjin as he dragged Hyuna to his side. He bowed to the parents politely.

They were about to leave the house when someone opened the front door. Seokjin frowned when he saw the familiar face but could not recall anything for now. 

"Seokjin-ssi?"

A flash of memory where he met the tall male in a bookstore the last month appeared, and Seokjin's lips parted in awe. "Namjoon-ssi?"

Both were surprised to meet each other at an unexpected place. Namjoon's eyes fixed on Seokjin's hand glued with Hyuna. His heart skipped a beat at the view. 

"You know him?" Hyuna asked Seokjin nonchalantly. 

Seokjin nodded. "Ah, we met before in a bookshop. Just a small talk then..."

Namjoon tried to smile at the mentioned. "Wha - what are you doing here?" he asked in wonder. 

"He's my boyfriend that I've told you before..." Hyuna answered instead with a smirk.