CRIME

"I'll be fine , just go." He yelled.

I didn't resist. I didn't know how deep my wound was. I could die.

I dragged myself out and tried to hurry through the hallway.

My mom was in the living room.

Not now.

She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Oh my gosh Luke !!! What happened?"
"I--- fell ... H-Hit my h-head on the bed , I have to go."

"Huh?!? Where ?Why? Come sit here I'll do your first aid." She said desperately trying to hold me. I didn't let her.

"What's wrong with you. Just stay still."

I ignored her.
I headed towards the front door. I didn't want her to get hurt. Which was a risk if I was around. I have to go away as far as possible.

"Where r u going? I'm calling your dad. We'll take you to the hospital. Don't worry honey."

I didn't listen.

I can't lose her. No matter what. I'll take myself away , even if it means never seeing her again.

I opened the door. I was about to go out when I heard a blood curdling scream.

What now ???

I turned back. And saw her smiling creepily behind mom crying on the phone.

But Mom's ok... Who screamed then ??

She tilted her head and extended her arm. And grabbed her neck from behind.
NO.

But mom showed no reaction. Did she not feel it?

Of course not. It was me who was crazy after her. But she is able to hurt me. What if she hurts her too...
I couldn't let that happen.

I had to protect her.

I Rushed towards them and caught her hand, tried to free mom from her clasp.

Instead,mom turned and looked at me.
I could see that she was scared ?

"What's wrong? Why are you holding my neck?"

What??! Nooo. I was only trying to free her.

I felt a shove on my back. I stumbled forward making mom fall.

I rushed forward to help her up.

"LUKE JUST STOP! Isn't it hard already???"

"But mom I swear. She was trying to hurt you. She's after me, trying to take away this pend---"

Oh no !Where was it ?

"Can you please stop?" Mom was in tears now.

I couldn't look into her eyes.

I looked down.

"Your dad's on his way. Just be still until then. Please."

I sighed. There no point trying to explain.

I dropped on the floor. My brain wasn't functioning anymore.

She paced back and forth. I felt sorry. So very sorry.

I looked up at her after a while. Thankful that at least she wasn't hurt.

Something shone on her neck.

It can't be.

No.

"MOM" I stood up quickly and tried to tear that damn pendant off her.

But somehow I ended up tackling her to the ground with my hands wrapped tightly around her neck.

Muffled screams and gags were heard. I tried to free them. But it was as if an unknown force make it stick with the strongest glue ever. This can't happen. I can never do this to her. Why is this even happening.What should I do!!!???

I felt another pair of hands press my hands further , making mom choke harder.

I looked at my side.

It was my friend. What !!?

"Not you too." I cried in disbelief.
He didn't respond.

"Please just let go" I wailed. "Kill me but don't do this to her i beg you. Please let her go".

But he didn't.He held on.

"GET OFF HER YOU LITTLE MONSTER"

Dad.