chapter 13 A desirable Life

Life in the city was good. Eliza remembered her past life, so adjusting wasn't too difficult. However, it was hard for her family at first since they didn't have those memories. Even in Eliza's past life, her parents and Hazel never lived in the city. They spent most of their lives in the countryside. Even though Hazel's past life husband had houses in the capital and other cities, he never took Hazel with him. After all, he had a mistress. Hazel was just his baby machine.

Adam, Eliza's brother, also never had a chance to live in the city. He sometimes came for work, but he didn't have a place to stay. He usually ended up living at his boss's mechanic shop whenever he visited.

Hazel was very busy these days. Her designs were becoming famous because they were stylish, casual, comfortable, and practical all at the same time. Sofia's company was indeed very big, but Sofia came from a wealthy family who gave her the company. Her fashion design company was mostly famous because of her family's status. However, Hazel's designs gave Sofia's company a new life. Now, Sofia's company wasn't just known for her family, but also for its amazing new designs.

Previously, Sofia's company didn't usually participate in fashion shows because Sofia knew her fame came mostly from her family's reputation. She also knew there were many talented fashion design companies. But now, with Hazel's designs, Sofia believed her company could be considered one of the best, producing amazing designs. So now, she had a good reason to participate in these shows, which would give her company more exposure. Sofia, Hazel, and the other designers were all very busy preparing for the upcoming shows.

Eliza's father also settled down and got used to his new colleagues at the hotel. As a manager, he had a lot of work, so it was important for him to maintain a good relationship with his employees.

Adam's job as a police officer made him look more mature. He was getting praised by many high-ranking officers, even his mentor, Mr. Millers. Mr. Millers even mentioned that Adam might get a promotion and be transferred to the capital city. Adam was hesitant at first because of his family. However, he now understood that his job required him to move around a lot. If he got a chance to go to the capital city this time, he wouldn't hesitate. Mr. Millers even gave Adam his bike as a birthday present. Mr. Millers became a father figure to Adam, and Adam respected him very much.

After a week, Mary and Alice went back to their house in the capital city. During their stay with the Wilson family, Adam and Mary grew closer. They both realized they liked each other, but they hadn't confessed their feelings yet. Mary also found a job as a forensic doctor in the capital, working with the police.

Alice called Eliza a lot, mostly complaining about high society. She wasn't used to hanging out with rich people. Most of them seemed shallow, showing off their money and status, and gossiping behind each other's backs. So Alice mostly stayed home and studied for her exams since they were nearby. Mary, on the other hand, was busy with her job and didn't interact with many people.

Alice and Mary's mother, Mrs. Thomas, had to socialize with others because of her husband's business. She was the one who interacted with the other rich people. Thankfully, Mrs. Thomas had a strong personality and didn't let anyone belittle her or her family. Even though the other rich people found it hard to accept them as newcomers, they didn't challenge them openly. Eliza didn't care what they said behind their backs; she was happy that her friend's life was normal and not affected by that atmosphere.

Eliza's mother also started her own YouTube channel because Nick kept insisting. Mrs. Wilson didn't have any friends yet, so it was a good way for her to keep busy. She opened a cooking and sewing channel where she posted her new recipes. Eliza wasn't busy, so she helped Nick film and edit her mother's videos. Learning new things was fun, and Eliza had never experienced anything like it before. Their life was so peaceful that Eliza never wanted to lose these moments.