•single's table (Katie Mccabe)

The weirdest feeling i've ever felt was happening right now. My friend's wedding speeches started whilst i sat with people i'd never met at the 'single's table'. i'd say it's more of an 'i want to embarrass you all table' but i know she means well. she knows how unlucky i am when it comes to love so i suppose she just wanted for me to meet someone she knows and trusts won't hurt me. I stayed silent in any conversation, still slightly awkward about the situation i'd been placed in. my eyes constantly wandering to one brunette girl seated across from me as hers did the same. constantly meeting for a few seconds of flirty eye contact before looking away again.

I walked outside onto the balcony only to be met with a feminine figure stood against the side of it taking in the view below. a smile placed on her lips as she looked towards me.

"hey um, did i see you at the single's table?" her saying this whilst raising her eyebrows at me caused me to feel automatically embarrassed but i decide to just act cool about it. "i mean yeah, my friend forced me to sit there so i can meet some new people i suppose, no choice of my own" i responded as i chuckled softly.

this caused the girls eyes to sparkle with amusement, "oh yeah?... same to be honest except it was my brother who forced me to sit there but i'm quite happy that i did now i won't lie to you" she smirked as her irish accent blessed my ears.

"and why's that?"

"well you're gorgeous so i mean i might have been a bit awkward about talking to you if i hadn't seen you sat there already. it blows my mind that you're here with no date"

"oh i'm Katie, by the way"

"i'm Y/N"

she raised her drink to her lips as she swallowed. "i think that you are just breathtaking and i hope to see you more... at the single's table" she said as she began to walk towards the door, stopping for a moment beside me.

"see you around, single"

"see you Katie"

—————————-

A/N - for requests

https://forms.gle/zGWyU8q9nrScbJfy6