Night 2

Giyuu's POV
While we were going to the festival, I walked a little behind him. He didn't seem to notice, still I saw him trying to check if I was following him without being noticed. Which didn't work, since I saw it. We didn't really talk. I didn't want to disturb or bother him. The last thing I wanted was annoying him and ruin his night. I couldn't help it but look at his perfect body. The large shoulders, the tight waist, the curves of his hips. All of that, wearing a soft green yukata which was a little different from the one I was wearing. It was shorter, and fitted him perfectly, highlighting his body muscles. His scent was something like white musk, and his white hair, messy-looking but still perfect, just catch my eye as I couldn't stop staring at him. What an handsome man.

Sanemi's POV
The view of him with his hair in a softer ponytail than usual, his deep blue eyes shining in the dark and my yukata which didn't fit him perfectly but still highlighted his body; his soft features and colors were highlighted by the aquamarine cloth; the scent of lavender, that fortunately remained even after a long shower, mixed with mine. All of that, was unbearable. It was too much, HE was too much. I fought myself to not say "wow" the moment I saw him. I didn't like how I felt about him, the butterflies in my stomach every time he would look me in the eyes. So I was completely okay with him walking behind me. I tried to glance at him. I don't think he noticed me, though. I wanted to talk, but I also knew he wasn't the small talk type of guy, so I just stayed silent. I was feeling really good, for the first time since years. I tried to distract myself, I couldn't understand what was happening inside me, nor what I thought of him. He was beautiful and all, so what Sanemi are you in love? He still had his shitty attitude and he was a BOY. And he wasn't kanae. Perhaps that was what was blocking me. I still loved her, even after her death. But with him, I felt the same way that I felt with her. The same butterflies in the stomach (shinobu what are you doing here) every time he came close to me. I didn't like that. When I talk to myself, I never really get lost in thought, I still concentrate on what I'm doing. Tomioka no. So when I abruptly stopped because of two kids who were running, he tripped, almost falling. I saw him on time and I caught his arm, right on his wounds. He didn't scream but I could see the pain in his face and the tears forming in his eyes. I didn't apologize, of course, instead I started scolding him for his lack of attention.
SS "THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TOMIOKA, YOU HAVEN'T RECOVERED YET PAY ATTENTION"
GT  "I'm sorry I got distracted"
SS  "yeah I figured that out. How's your arm"
GT  "not... good. It hurts a little"
SS  "wanna come back?"
GT  "no, it's nothing. I don't want to ruin your night"
SS  "Your existence ruins it anyway, so"
He got up but fell immediately after, holding his ankle. Was that a sort of wicked joke on me? Did I do something to the gods, was that a punishment?
SS  "ugh, let me see... doesn't seem too bad. It's nothing serious."
GT  "I'm fine. I just tripped and sprained my ankle. We can go now"
SS  "there's no way we're going to the festival now. You need to recover first"
GT  "it's fine you can go to the festival, I'll go back to the hotel"
SS "Can you walk on your own?"
GT "I... don't think so"
God. Why do you hate me. My fucking night was ruined and what was getting on my nerves was that even if HE was the cause of this shitty night I still thought he was beautiful. I got him up and started walking, giving him a piggyback. His arms around my neck, his warm breath on my neck, his thighs around my waist. He was really light.
GT "Shinazugawa, can I sleep?" he whispered in my ear, making me blush.
SS "if you have to"
He then rubbed his face on my neck and relaxed his muscles. After some time in silence, I heard him calling me in a faint voice.
GT "Shinazugawa?"
I asked what did he want, noticing he was half asleep
SS "Tomioka?"
definitely more asleep than awake.
GT "do you hate me?"
I kept walking without answering, thinking about our relationship. I hated him. But was it really hate? I hated his attitude, still, I enjoyed his presence somehow.
SS "not really, it depends"
GT "so you like me?"
No.
SS "in a way, ig"
GT "you won't leave me, right?"
he was definitely almost asleep. Where did that come from?
SS "no"
GT "Shinazug-"
SS "stfu tomioka didn't you wanna sleep?"
GT "mhm..."
No long after that we arrived at the hotel. I brought him in our room, trying to leave him on his bed, which was quite close to mine. But he didn't let me, keeping a grip on my neck and arms.
GT  "can I have some painkillers?"
SS  "no, you can't abuse of them"
GT  "I need them. Please." He whispered only two inches from my face, the eyes closed.
SS  "I said no. You were already sleeping anyway, let go of me and stop complaining"
GT  "give me the painkillers"
SS  "what are you, a kid?"
I lost interest in the discussion, so I just went make some tea, leaving him sitting on the bed
GT  "I can't sleep without them"
SS  "why?"
GT  "the injuries... they hurt a little"
SS  "You're a hashira, you can bear a little pain. Painkillers aren't necessary"
GT  "I can't sleep, it hurts too much" he whispered, almost inaudible, like he was talking with himself. I thought he was embarrassed to tell me they hurt a lot and that I would have considered him weak, which was right. Still, I knew how physically strong he was, so I was seriously concerned about him. Did I do something wrong while curing him? Were the bends infected and I didn't noticed? Actually, I realized that I didn't really care about tomioka, I just felt guilty. I suddenly came closer to his bed and took his arm.

Gyuu's POV
SS  "I thought you said they didn't hurt"
He checked my arm, then he abruptly opened my yukata to check the bends on the chest and back. I tried to stop him and reassure him. The truth was that the injuries did hurt a little, surely not enough to complain. But I needed those painkillers, to sleep without dreaming. To block everything and everyone out. To block tsutako and sabito out of my head. The memories started to flow all together, making me dissociate and panic. I couldn't breathe, everything became blurry and the ears started to whistle. I felt Shinazugawa's hands on my cheeks, which were covered in sweat and tears. Finally, when everything started to become black, I felt his heartbeat. My head was on his chest, his arms were hugging me. My breath stabilized slowly, my heartbeat decreased as I heard his.
SS  "It's okay, everything is fine. I'm here"
I wanted to cry, I wanted to tell him everything and fall asleep in his arms. For the first time in years, I felt safe. I lifted my head, rubbing my eyes to make my vision clearer. His voice was calm but the expression on his face revealed concern and anxiety. He was pale, his hands were shaking.
GT  "how did you know?"
SS  "w-what?"
GT  "how did you know how to calm me"
SS  "I didn't know. I panicked"
GT  "can we stay like this... a little longer" he nodded
SS  "do you still want the painkillers?"
GT  "yes..."
SS  "Alr, when I'll get up I get you some"
He cuddled me, caressing my arms paying attention to the injuries. We didn't say nothing more, we just hugged. I didn't cry, I couldn't let him see that side of me yet. That afternoon we hated each other and now... I don't know. I called him when I noticed he was falling asleep on me. He got up and brought me the famous painkillers. After that, we went to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________

I'M BACKKK 💕 I know, it's been month since my last update but the school is literally killing me, and I lack of imagination. Anyways, I promise I'll update more frequently. I hope you enjoyed this chapter💕