Part 2

The man's piercing gaze fixed on Maddie's small and trembling figure as he took steps forward, each step sending shivers down her spine. Her heart started to beat as it never did before, realizing that her end was coming too soon. Her instincts urged her to run, but the glares of the man, who was now only a few steps away from her, froze her at the spot. Just as he stretched his hand towards her, she turned and ran as fast as she could, to escape the horrifying nightmare she was facing, not thinking of anything other than surviving, not daring to look back. Just as she thought she was getting out of danger, her ankle twisted with a misstep as she bumped into a rock, falling right to the ground. Her ankle screamed with searing pain as she could no longer stand. As she crumpled to the ground, she could hear the echo of light footsteps getting closer and closer. With a trembling breath, she dared to glance back, only to see the same tall figure that she was running away from, now standing right behind her. He stretched his hand towards her again, and all she could do was shut her eyes to shield herself from any unpleasant scenes that may occur, accepting her miserable fate. Darkness swallowed her surroundings, her heart pounding as if it was about to explode, squeezing the air from her lungs as if she was drawing in the depths of the sea, struggling to survive. Her entire being was in a mess, screaming to be released from the unbarring pressure she was under. It was as if she had plunged into the abyss, lost in an endless void with no light to guide her. Each second felt like an eternity, and all she could feel was... TERROR. A soft and cold hand brushed against her cheek and gently caressed the locks of her hair, with a flicker of confusion Maddie's eyelids fluttered open to meet the man's undeniably familiar gaze, like a flashback from a distant memory. "I have finally found you, Maddie," the man said with a deep yet seductive voice. "Who... who are you?" said Maddie with a tumbling voice and a hint of uncertainty. Maddie's voice trembled with uncertainty as she murmured the words, "Who... who are you?"

"It shatters my heart to pieces to know that you have forgotten me, Maddie," the man's words carried a hint of sadness, "but fear not, you will remember me sooner or later, as we are bound to be together." Confusion clouded Maddie's thoughts as she struggled to comprehend the hidden meaning behind his words. "What do you mean?" she managed to ask. "It's not yet time for you to understand," said the man, pausing. Then he continued, "For now, be an obedient little girl, my dear, and close your eyes." With a nod, Maddie closed her eyes shut and waited, her heart seemed to calm down as she listened intently to the sound of footsteps fading into the distance.

She slowly opened her eyes, and the man was nowhere to be found. Maddie finally heaved a sigh of relief and relaxed her tensed muscles. Just then, her gaze shifted to Billy's miserable body lying on the floor, drowned in a pool of crimson blood which strangely seemed peaceful.

"How does it feel to be dead, Billy?" she wondered, eyeing the pitiful-looking boy in front of her.

The rain stopped shortly after, and Maddie found herself unable to move due to her injury, lying there like another dead body, occupied by hundreds of questions that seemed impossible to answer at the moment. With a deep breath, she pulled herself together, retrieved her phone from her pocket, and dialed the sheriff's number.