Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Grace sighed forlornly, looking at the gloomy weather outside the penthouse. The forecast told her that it was going to rain and she felt even more depressed than the last two days after Alessandro had left.

She had cried all night, last night, unable to sleep or eat, unable to understand where the happy, caring man she had known for a year now had disappeared to, leaving in his place a perpetually cold unfeeling man, who had stopped even looking at her let alone touching.

He had not come near her in bed for almost a month now and when she had tried initiating things, he had coldly shrugged her off saying that he was not in the mood. But bed wasn't the only place where they have been distanced. They have stopped having mundane conversations, stopped watching movies together and eating takeout's on Saturdays. Infact, she couldn't remember the last time he had kissed her.

Last Friday she hadn't been able to take it anymore and had cornered him in his study. "Are you going to tell me what's bothering you?" At first he had avoided looking at her directly. "Nothing. I am just stressed about work." He had lied through his teeth.

"Really Sandro? You will have to do better than that. Tell me the truth, what's bothering you so much and don't say nothing!" She had walked forwards and had snuggled into his lap, making herself comfortable with her head tucked under his head.

"Tell me Sandro..." She had kissed his throat and his slightly stubbled cheeks and his forehead to smooth away the worry line that had almost became a permanent fixture there.

"It's nothing really....my Grandfather is sick....He is going to have a bypass surgery. I am just worried about him." Grace hadn't believed that for one second. His Grandfather might be sick, but she was sure that it wasn't the only reason why he looked so lost these days.

But she felt how tense he was, his body cold and rigid underneath her almost as if he was scared of something....though that was highly unlikely, she still felt really sorry for him. And decided to provide him a little respite from this tension if nothing else.

"then why have you been pushing me away?" She asked, softly kissing the underside of his chin, the column of his throat, the back of his earlobes, her hands sliding downwards towards his leather belt and heard him groan.

His eyes were closed and his arms had clamped her tightly around her body, her sensitive breasts brushing against his solid chest. "God! Grace, love we shouldn't be doing this!" He had groaned out as her hands had finally reached this rock-hard manhood, from over his pants.

But Grace hadn't listened to any of his warnings. She had wanted him and she had wanted to feel needed as well. She had wanted reassurances that he had refused to give her verbally, so she had taken them from him physically as they had made love right there on his leather encased office chair.

But once both of them had been spent, with their clothes laying scattered all over the floor, things had gone back to the same previous tension that had clouded over them before. "Oh! Sandro..." She had murmured sleepily trying to snuggle even closer to the warmth of his naked chest.

But suddenly he had looked even more worried than he had been before they had made love. "Grace, get dressed!" He had suddenly commanded, his face growing pale as he had looked at their wet, entwined bodies after their intense love session.

And reluctantly Grace had got up to do just that, even though at that moment all she had wanted was to go to sleep, encircled with his strong arms.

"Sandro...wha-" But he hadn't let her finish.

"Leave me alone for a few hours. I have a lot of work to do!" He had snapped like a CEO commanding his employees, in a cold voice that brooked no protests. Grace had felt the tears slowly swiping down her eyes and she had forced herself to get dressed and leave him alone.

To go and sit in some corner of the house and lick her wounds.

She had thought that the reinitiating of their love making would make him more relaxed but somehow it had done made thing worse. Way worse.

He had avoided her completely for the next few days. He would be gone to office before she woke up and came home after he had gone to sleep. It was like they no longer existed in the same sphere let alone lived in the same penthouse.

And then she had started throwing up in the mornings, the realization that that she could be pregnant had came too late . After her period had been missing for more than two months. She had been shocked and horrified and then panicked when she had finally taken the test after gathering all her courage and it had came back positive.

Alessandro had still been actin like a cold ass and she hadn't dared to tell him such an important news when he was in kind of mindset.

She had waited , foolishly, for him to go back to the way he used to be and not this indifferent unfeeling man in his stead.

And then the afternoon where she had finally decided to tell him, unable to keep it a secret any longer. They had fought and he had left for Sicily.

It had finally started to rain, just as the forecast had predicted. The pitter patter of the rain against the glass window panes, for some reason grated on Grace's nerves. And she hurriedly closed the curtains, only to find herself in a darkened room.