Chapter 13

It took a little bit of bribing before the two newcomers agreed to drink the freshly made water. Mostly the fact that they literally had nothing else, so either drink the fish water or find your end with dehydration. It was a little messed up to use that argument, since they were literally just rescued from near death, but it did get them to finally drink the much needed water. And it didn't taste like fish water, so they'll get used to it quickly, like the rest of them had. (Although the would have probably found a way to get different water if they absolutely refused to drink this one)

The actual fish was much easier, both of them eagerly taking their portion of cooked meat to finally sate their hunger. Pac had to be fed, more or less, his arms still too weak and shaky to hold the cooked meat on his own. Fit volunteered to help him, carefully helping him take each bite and wash it down with more water. The injured man had been a blushing mess the first time Fit held the fish up to his mouth, but they settled into the short routine after the third bite.

Techno had to shush Tubbo's teasing mocking multiple times for the sake of Pac eating anything and both Fit and Pac not to pass out from all their blood going to their head.

Cellbit was a bit more stubborn, refusing to accept help even though his arms weren't strong either. But he fought through it, taking each bite with a little grin, determination to live burning in his eyes. Techno admired that a little, that stubborn drive to stay alive, even after everything that happened to them. He was almost certain that Cellbit's fire was the only thing that kept both him and Pac alive, with the other man being far more reserved and accepting of their fate.

However they did it, it led them to finally escape their hell and find new strength and a helping hand to steady them both.

With full bellies and much needed hydration, the mood in the crowded pod became more and more quiet and sleepy as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. It was a struggle to somehow fit all five of them, but they managed, even if they felt like sardines in a tin. How ironic.

Techno had decided to give his jacket to Pac, although it had mostly been claimed by Tubbo. The teen didn't complain though, eagerly handing it off to the injured man at the older's suggestion. It would have either been Cellbit or Pac, wanting to offer a much comfort as they could with the new safety and food. Cellbit looked more than pleased that the jacket went to Pac, so they made the right choice in offering it to him.

In the end they found somewhat acceptable sleeping positions, half laying down, half sitting, huddled together against the chill of the night.

The night wasn't as restful as Techno hoped it would be.

Despite the exhaustion pulling at his bones, he couldn't sleep. While everyone else slowly dozed off cuddled together, he was leaning against the wall beside Tubbo, staring into nothingness as his mind refuses to shut down and let him rest. He drifted in and out of consciousness, but never fully slipped into that little space of rest. It was annoying, frustrating.

The pod was starting to feel more and more suffocating with so many people squeezed together, the life support working overtime to provide oxygen for all of them, filtering the air as fast as it could.

Maybe he should open the hatch to let in more fresh air. It was safe, after all, they have been breathing it for days, weeks now, maybe. Techno wasn't sure how much time has passed now.

He wasn't feeling like sleeping right now anyways, so he could watch the hatch and make sure nothing can get inside. Or close it if for some miracle reason it starts raining. During the whole time since they crashed, it hasn't rained once. Not that Techno had seen at least. Maybe it had rained when they were sleeping, or when he was still unconscious after the crash.