30 | Twin

Liverra's POV

Warning! : will mention about death, grief, trauma, fire, incident, etc

Jaehyun held my hand as we followed the waitress who was escorting us

Jaehyun held my hand as we followed the waitress who was escorting us. He asked for the most romantic spot, and here he took us to the rooftop.

There was a flower garden in the middle of the space and dining tables surrounded it. Each dining table had a private glass house space and was a bit far from each other. The waitress took us to the table closest to the view of the sparkling city. A very romantic scene— but not with the man I love. If it weren't for the sake of future investigations and my happiness, I would really be wasting my time here.

After we ordered, even until our food was served, Jaehyun talked about boring basic things like hobbies, favorite foods, and the type of man I dream of. Honestly, I was just confused. Didn't he know about my bad reputation? Or was it true that I was no longer a hot topic among students? If yes, that was great. Being the center of attention was nothing to be proud of. If I had felt the joy of living in peace, then I wouldn't be willing to exchange it for anything.

My perfect life on the island came through my memories as I ordered the seafood menu which I was currently enjoying. I missed it, the peaceful coastal life that had changed my life— even without Chan that time. I struggled alone, I changed because of myself with life lessons taught by the people. It turned out, with a very simple life, they could feel that overflowing happiness.

They taught that we were responsible for our happiness. Other people, including our family, couldn't do that for me either. I lived my own life so I walked on my own way. And happiness didn't have to come from big things. For the coastal people, getting the sun and good weather for fishing made them happy— because they knew how bad it would be otherwise. People who had lost the most basic things in their lives would understand how wonderful it was to be able to live a normal life without having to be surrounded by wealth.

Then what did it mean for me with all my wealth— I meant my dad's which cannot guarantee my happiness? I knew the reality was that we need money to live, but this wasn't from my hard work. I wanted to be able to make my own money, with my own hard work. I wanted to have my own identity, not as the 'spoiled and annoying child of the EML' but as Liverra. Just my name as an individual.

"Liverra?"

"Yes?" I guessed I had ignored Jaehyun many times. Just wait until he's done with me and I'd be truly happy this time.

"You're just stirring your food. Are you not feeling well?"

"No, sorry, just have a lot on my mind." I smiled and quickly finished my food. He had finished earlier and just stared at me. I felt uncomfortable, but what could I do? I couldn't tell him what to do.