Four

Los Angeles is breathtaking!

Walking up to the entrance of the hotel, I stop before making my way in. I need a minute to take in my surroundings. I felt visibly relaxed since we got off the plane. While driving through the city on the way to the hotel, I somehow managed to convince myself that I was going to have the best two months, enjoying the musical and this gorgeous city. I am going to meet new people and get to experience new places and everything is going to be great! Nothing is going to ruin this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me. This is MY time and Mark? Well, I have decided that Mark can go fuck himself.

London is 8 hours ahead of California, so I guess that means we kind of travelled back in time. It's 10 am on Sunday and I have to be at the theatre in 4 hours to meet the producer and maybe a few of the actors as well. To be honest, I am a little nervous. A little? Who am I kidding? I am extremely nervous. We have been travelling for 11 hours straight and even though I slept through most of it, I still feel so tired. Mark just finished checking us in so I rushed up to our room ignoring his grumpy comments.

"Honey, will you slow down please?" he asks, while climbing the stairs behind me.
"Please, do not embarrass me."
"Fuck off Mark!" I say almost too loudly.
Ignore, ignore, ignore! This will be my strategy to get through the next two months or I might just end up in jail for murder and Mark might just end up in a body bag. Please don't judge me!

I get to our room and opening the doors, I am instantly overwhelmed. Oh. My. God, I think to myself, unable to take another step. Of course, Mark booked the biggest penthouse in the most luxurious hotel he could find. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful but it also makes me want to throw up. The luxury life always made me feel ill-fitting. That is one of the many reasons why I haven't moved in with Mark yet. His house is so big, colourless and cold. I love my small, warm and cosy apartment. He keeps on bugging me to move in but even though we are engaged, I simply don't feel ready to give up my apartment and independence yet.

Mark probably notices the surprise on my face because as soon as he walks in, the first words to come out of his mouth are, "Did you expect anything less?"
I look over at what appears to be an indoor balcony and wait "You got a penthouse with an indoor swimming pool? Isn't this a little too much?!" I ask loudly.
"Honey, don't sound so surprised. We're going to live here for the next two months. I don't know about you but I want to enjoy it." he says, not even once taking his eyes off his cellphone.

Now I need more sleep! I think to myself as I take the first steps into the massive lobby. I make my way into the living room and leave my suitcase next to the brown leather couch. I need to find a bedroom. Why does this feel like walking through a maze? I think to myself irritably.
Finally, I am facing two white doors. "I'm going to lie down for a couple of hours before heading to the theatre," I shout at Mark.
"Great, you do that honey." I hear his voice echo through the house. "I need to go meet an old friend of mine. We have very important business to discuss. I will probably see you tonight." he says. Why am I not surprised? I hear his phone buzz and he answers almost immediately.
"Hi... Yes... I am on my way..." I hear him say while walking out of one of the rooms. Suddenly he is right next to me.
While listening to the person on the other end of the line he gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and walks towards the living room. It's not that I want quality time with him but there was no reason for him to tag along if he wasn't planning on spending a little time with me. Why even bother?

As I hear the front door close, I open the double doors to the main bedroom, closing it behind me.... It's so big!

-----

I am standing in front of one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen. I did a bit of research about the theatre before I had the online interview. The Mark Taper Forum is a 739-seat thrust stage at the Los Angeles Music Center, designed by Welton Beckett and Associates on the Bunker Hill section of Downtown Los Angeles. The Building is surrounded by water and in the middle of the center is the most beautiful fountain shaped like a cross. It's so peaceful yet so majestic at the same time

I am so grateful I managed to find the centre by myself. Thank goodness it was only a few blocks away from the hotel. At the moment I am walking up and down the stairs in front of the entrance of the Music Centre. I am a nervous wreck and you can probably see it all over my face.
"Breath Leah, this is what you've been working so hard for. Do not mess this up!" I quietly preach to myself.

While debating whether I should give myself a few more minutes to calm down or just suck it up and open the doors, I am startled by an unfamiliar male voice.

"You know the doors are transparent right?" the unrecognisable voice murmurs. I turn around and notice a guy walking up to me. Is he talking to me? I ask myself. Don't act stupid Leah! Does it look like there is anyone else around?

"I'm sorry?" I mutter.

"You might not be able to see inside but whoever is on the other side of that door looking out is probably thinking wow, that girl is crazy," he says amusingly and lets out a quick chuckle. "You know, because you're walking up and down the stairs, talking to yourself?" he adds, properly noticing the befuddled look on my face.

Shitballs! I am overwhelmed with immediate panic. I stare at the doors trying to see if anyone is looking at me from the other side but all I can see is my reflection. "Right... I'm not crazy... I'm..." Just before I can finish my sentence he interrupts me while leaning on the banister with his right arm.
"Nervous? Let me guess, you're the new actor in Blue Moon?" he asks.
I look up and it's as if I am seeing him for the first time. Standing in front of me is the most gorgeously intriguing man I have ever seen. He looks in his early twenties. He's tall with broad shoulders, his dark brown, almost black hair is beautifully managed and he's staring at me with the most intimidating dark brown eyes.
"Hello?.. Earth to whatever her name is?" he says.
He's wearing a white t-shirt paired with black skinny jeans and he is holding a black leather jacket hanging over his left shoulder with one finger. Holy shit.
"Hey, crazy girl?" He shouts.
Oh my god. What has gotten into you Leah? I scold myself. I immediately snap out of whatever type of psychological state I am in when I heard him calling me 'crazy girl'.
"Excuse me? My name is Leah and for the second time, I am not crazy." I snap at him.
"Sure... sure." He mutters sarcastically. "Are you the new actor in Blue Moon?" He points to the poster on the glass door of the theatre. Blue Moon is the name of the musical I am going to be working on.
I can see the amusement on his face, he's enjoying this. I don't even know this guy and I can already tell his one of those bad-boy, heartbreaker types of guys, yet his so damn beautiful.

"No, I am the new songwriter. I have a meeting with the producer today." I reveal. He nods his head in what I assume is approval. "I see, so you're the reason why I'm here," he murmurs. I'm the reason he's here? What is this dude talking about?
"Is that supposed to be a pickup line?" The words fall out of my mouth almost too quickly. He looks at me confused, raising one eyebrow and then all of a sudden bursts out laughing. "If you think that was a pickup line you really are crazy." he chuckles. "What I meant was Larry, our producer invited all the lead actors here today to meet you."

Oh my God Leah! You need to think before you speak! I think, scolding myself again.

"Oh..." That is all I manage to say. I can feel my cheeks burning up and probably turning red as we stand in silence for a few seconds too long.
"Gotta run. See you inside." I hear him say. He walks past me and as he is opening the door he stops for a moment and looks back at me "Nice talking to you, crazy girl."
Unable to process what just happened, I stand outside the theatre for a few more minutes until I finally decide it's time to suck it up, put my big girl panties on and enter the theatre.

So he's one of the lead actors in the musical. The jerk never told me his name. I guess I'll find out soon enough.