40.

Who deh ya?!

Zaye's POV

After I landed I texted Tristen to let him know. I then call my aunt to find out the location that they are hosting the ballet recital. I changed my doctor's appointment to Friday because it was too much to be done today and I'm already jet lagged.

It's going to take me about 30 mins to reach the location that Auntie Marcia sent.

I took a shower and got dressed in a simple body con dress.

Time to go see my daughter perform...

I arrived on time and sat beside Aunt Marcia and a friend of hers. Her husband was away on a business trip she said.

"They look so pretty." I say as the little girls gathered on stage.

I took out my phone to do a little video, when I spotted Zyla.

Nah lie me pikney cute.

They were performing Swan lake. These are way too good.

Know when me did younger me use to always want be a ballerina, but I wasn't that privileged or expose to a certain lifestyle until I was older. I'm happy that Zyla is getting that experience though and that's what I wanted for her. The best of whatever it is that life has to offer.

After their performance. I went back stage to go surprise her. I'm not sure if she saw me in the audience.

"Zaye" She ran and hugged me.

"Hey baby you did so well. I like your hair."

"Thank you. I was sad this morning because I think you weren't going to come." She pout.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I said and lifted her up.

"Come let us go see your mommy."

"Your my mommy too."

"I know."

"Star of the moment." Auntie Marcia smiled at Zyla.

"You know I'm good at this mommy." She bragged.

"Zaye you coming over for dinner?" Aunt Marcia.

"Please?" Zyla asked.

"Okay."

So we left and went to Aunt Marcia's house. Which is a 45 mins drive from where I was actually staying.

When we reached there however, her husband was home.

Swear think him gone pon business trip.

"Good evening. I never expected you would be home so early." Aunt Marcia said to him.

"I'm leaving again tonight. Just stopped by for a document I forgot."

"Daddy." Zyla said and he lifted her up.

"How was your ballet recital?"

"It was good."

"That's my champ." He said and gave her a high five.

"Hi Zidaine."

"Good evening." I answered.

"Anyways I'll be on my way. Take care." He said and kissed his wife.

"Bye" she muttered.

"I'm going to get some rest until dinner is ready."

"Okay auntie."

"Zyla come l'm going to give you a bath." I told her and took her to her room.

About half an hour later the house keeper told us that dinner is ready. We sat around the table and ate while making small conversations.