Prouloge

As the girl carefully runs the pencil over the paper, creating the image of of a boy, she lets her mind slip from concentration to wandering through memories. 

This would be so much easier to draw if I had a photo. Are there actually any photos of him? Maybe I should ask his mum... There probably aren't any. It's a shame, I would love a picture of him too keep with the drawing when I'm finished. I remember him saying that if anyone ever took a photo of him, he would come to their house in the middle of the night and suck their blood. Well, not  saying  exactly but you know what I mean. Hmm... That first note. I think I still have it. It was so blunt though. I loved him for it. He loved me for my reply. Ugh... that first encounter. THE bravest thing I have ever done. I still remember that day. I still remember him. I still remember that last text. I still remember his face. I even remember exactly what his voice sounded like. I will never let him go. I still remember...

The girl collapses over her drawing, head in her hands, crying for the boy she let go, remembering his story. That story that would haunt her more than anything she had ever witnessed. With tears streaming down her cheeks, she recounted the whole story to herself...