{|} Chapter 4 {|}

| . . . |

Caliente moaned with clear pain as consciousness gained hold of her once again.

' 'It's waking up!' ' She heard a gruff voice state.

Peering through tired and puffy eyes, she found herself to be in a dimly lit cavern. Bound and muzzled, she examined the dragons in the cave.

A large NightWing-like dragon with gold lacing up and down his scales seemed to be the one to out about her awakening, another was stoking the fire. He seemed to be a RainWing hybrid of sorts, with black leopard-like markings covering his back.

' 'Good! I can't wait to get to know it!' ' A feminine voice sounded in her ears, the speaker being revealed from the as a slim dragoness. She was heavily scarred for her young appearance, with two of her four wings either being torn or altogether missing from her back. Her presence was commanding and authoritative, with the two other dragons backing out of her way with fear in their eyes.

/' 'They're calling us an 'it', how rude.' '\ Zoterues giggled in the background as the dragoness approached.

Caliente stared up at the dragoness with terror, wondering if this is when she joined her famiy.

' 'At least it knows to be scared-' ' The leading dragoness chuckled, bending down and removing Caliente's muzzle. ' 'Now for the fun part.' '

The lithe hybrid simply stared at the pale mauve dragoness, attempting to speak but only a small whimper following.

/' 'That was pathetic.' '\ Zoterues and the dragoness growled simultaneously.

/' 'Hey! I like this girl!' '\ Zoterues giggled with glee.

' 'She's a lot like you-' ' Cali snarled under her breath, not realizing she was heard.

' 'What did you just say?! Are you communicating with a Mind-Reader right now!? Don't lie to me, pest!' ' The dragoness snapped, holding Caliente against the cavern's wall.

' 'N-No. . . Please, let me go.' ' She stuttered.

The dragoness glanced back at the leopard spotted hybrid, who nodded to her before she released Cali. As she slumped to the stone, Caliente overheard the two whispering to eachother.

' 'Her mind is very odd, Sika. . . It's as if there's another conscience in there. You should be careful-' ' The RainWing hybrid's voice was high, squeaky almost, as he consulted with the dragoness.

The pale mauve dragoness turned to Cali with a frown on her face before kneeling down to her level. ' 'I just want you to answer a few questions.' ' 

Zoterues snorted at the statement, /' 'Well now she's being no fun!' '\

Caliente winced slightly at his comment before turning to the dragoness, ' 'Sure.' '

The mauve dragoness in front of her settled into a sitting position, nodding to the large NightWing-like dragon On cue, he moved to Caliente's right, blocking the only visible exit point.

' 'Don't lie here- it won't be a painless death.' ' She stated flatly, the leopard spotted hybrid joining her on her left. ' 'First question; what are you?' '

/' 'She asked what! Pfft-!' '\ Zoterues snorted, seeming to enjoy the interogation.

The lithe hybrid growled in anger at his ignorance, causing the flame-like markings along her body to glow momentarily. The NightWing took a step forward, but the dragoness lifted a wing to halt him and continued to stare at Caliente.

' 'I-I'm Caliente. Daughter to a RainWing mother and S-SkyWing/RainWing hybrid father.' ' She mumbled, staring at the floor.

' 'Ok.' ' The mauve dragoness nodded with a sly grin, ' 'Caliente. How old are you?' '

' 'Eighteen.' '{Human years cus I don't understand dragon's :] } Cali murmured simply, looking up to see the dragoness nodding to herself. ' 'What's your names?' ' She dared to ask.

The dragoness shrugged, smirking. ' 'She's the perfect age, might as well. Mine is Sikatris. This is Zandolit and Trompe.' ' Sikatris nodded in turn to the leopard-like hybrid and then to the odd NightWing.

Cali mustered up a small smile to the two, only to be turned down by hard stares.

' 'Well-' ' Trompe started, ' 'We can't take her to either Rain nor Sky kingdoms without risking Zando.' ' The bulky dragon sat at the entrance, crossing his arms and putting on a frown.

' 'True. But I heard that the HiveWing prince was looking for a new playtoy. . .' ' Sikatris smirked, turning her back to Cali and examining the fire as her two minions joined her.

/' 'Dear moons!-' '\ Zote whined, /' 'Now's your chance to get out of here! Go! Shoo! Andale!' '\

The small hybrid lifted her unbound wings, a new found courage in her as she began flying toward the entrance.

' '-Hey!' ' She heard Trompe bark.

Talonsteps echoed in her ears as she emerged into the sunlight, large wings beating as fast as possible. 

I did it! I did it!  She thought with glee as she took off in a random direction. I'm fre-. A terrible pain echoed across her head, causing her vision to cloud up and ultimately go black. Large talons stopped her plummeting descent and reared her around in the opposite direction.

/' 'Well-' '\ She heard Zoterues and Sikatris say, /' 'That was annoying.' '\

| . . . |

{|} Ah, dearest Cali. You may have large wings for your size. . . But they're the size of a normal dragon's wings too. 😔 Ok- VERY few people know this, but Sikatris is Esfinge's daughter (Aka Zote), so it was fun to give that little nod to their similar personalities 🤭. Go read Death to a Moth on A_Moth_Named_Dave 's account! Cali's and Zote's story intertwine with Dave's ocs very soon! {|}

-GG