Chapter TwentyEight - Natsu's Back?!

Erza POV
---

"Natsu?!" I said, walking up to him slowly. He coughed slightly, grasping his chest.

"Hey guys. Three days huh?" He groaned, his voice husky and exhausted. I then took the moment to look at him. His clothes were torn apart and skin scraped on every exposed limb. One eye was shut while the other was barely open. His confident smirk was still there, yet he looked weaker and worn down. But most important of all, his scarf was pitch black.

"Natsu, are you ok?" Juvia asked, helping Gray support him. I watched as they dragged him to the couch, Natsu still coughing.

"How did you survive?" Gray asked, helping him down. "Thank my scarf here." Natsu responded, waving it around.

"Would've died if my trusty dragon didn't give it to me."

He coughed again, this time as if he was about to die. "Wendy!" I shouted. She immediately ran up to him and started healing, leaving Romeo with Jeff.

"Thanks Wendy."

"But seriously Natsu," Gray started "How did you survive?"

"All I remember was being hit by his spell, then waking up by the bush over there."

He pointed to the end of the field were they fought. I twitched uncomfortably.

"Your telling us, you were sleeping in that bush over there, and we didn't find you?"

"Probably, yeah."

Everyone went silent, till Grai spoke up.

"If he can survive a huge rock to the head, he can survive this."

"Gee, thanks." Natsu muttered. He came in eye contact with me, smiling.

"You ok, Erza?"

I nodded, holding back the tears.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

I was amazed. Natsu was literally bruised and battered, yet his power was returning faster than I could imagine.

"Where's Lucy?"

We all looked at each other uncomfortably, studying Natsu's expressions closely.

"Guys, where's Lucy?" He asked once again, gently pushing Wendy away. He stood up slowly, anger now appearing on the surface.

"Where. Is. Lucy?"

"She's..." I started, Natsu glaring at me.

"Zeref took her."

"Took here where?" He said, now worried.

"It's not that simple."

"Zeref's basically brainwashed her and took over her body." Wendy said clearly, Carla jumping into her arms.

"Your kidding...."

I shook my head, looking to the ground.

"Lucy...."