Chapter 3

*********
Here Salisha was now, at Nusa 3 High School. It was one of the most popular high schools in Jakarta, and most of the students there were elite and trendy kids.

"Guys, I'll give the poster to the student council," said Salisha.

"I'll handle the tickets with Zafran," responded Patricia.

"I'll just guard the motorbikes," Nathan chimed in with a grin.

"You wish ! Go with Salisha!" Zafran ordered.

"Alright, alright." Nathan got off his motorbike and walked after Salisha. They walked side by side down the quiet school corridor.

"Sal, are you dating Mada?" Nathan asked bluntly.

"Huh? Who said that? No, we're not!" Salisha quickly denied. "Why?"

"Just wondering. You two have been close since 10th grade."

"You sure pay a lot of attention."

"Who doesn't know Mada at our school? Anything related to Mada, everyone indirectly knows about it."

"I'm just close friends with him."

"So close that he calls you his wife?" Nathan teased, laughing. Salisha smacked Nathan's back, "Come on, Nat!"

After Salisha, Patricia, Zafran, and Nathan completed their tasks, they immediately returned to school.

"Zaf, can I ride with you and Patricia?" Salisha asked, pleading.

"Why, Sal? You're with Nathan, aren't you?" Zafran asked.

"I don't want to! Nathan rides his motorbike too fast! I'll get dizzy!" Salisha grumbled. Patricia and Zafran chuckled.

"Sal, come on, let's go back!" Nathan shouted from his sports bike.

"Go ahead, Sal! Just tell him not to ride too fast," said Zafran. Reluctantly, Salisha walked over to Nathan's motorbike.

"Here's your helmet!" Nathan handed his helmet to Salisha.

"Nat, drive the bike slowly, okay! I'm stressed sitting behind you!" Salisha scolded while putting on her helmet.

Nathan laughed, "Okay, Boss! Let's go!"

*********

"Okay, guys! It's me, Nat to the Than, Nathan on my live IG..." Nathan exclaimed while staring at his phone screen. He was busy recording his Instagram live, a hobby of his.

"Sali! Come join my live IG!" Nathan directed his phone towards Salisha's face, who was sitting beside him while playing with her phone. They were both sitting casually on the sidelines of the school field after distributing posters and tickets for the upcoming school event.

Salisha glanced briefly at the rectangular screen, shook her head in bemusement, and returned to her phone.

Madava's POV

----

Mada sat in his class, staring at his phone screen. He had just sent a message to Salisha, his close friend.

"My wifey," Mada wrote jokingly.

Not long after, Salisha replied sternly, "I'll cut your throat if you call me that again."

Mada smiled, amused, already used to Salisha's fierce responses. "Dang, you're really harsh with guys," he replied.

"What," asked Salisha, curious about the purpose of their conversation that night.

Mada got straight to the point. "Come with me."

Salisha frowned. "Where to," she asked.

Mada typed quickly, "Tomorrow is Ayesya's birthday, and I want to buy her a gift. Also planning to confess to her on that day."

Salisha read the message with bright eyes. "WOW. THAT'S COOL. Besides, haven't you two been close for like 3 months?" she wrote enthusiastically.

Mada chuckled at Salisha's response. "You're exaggerating. It's only been a month. What do you think?"

Salisha admired Mada's courage. "Alright," she replied briefly.

"Alright what?" asked Mada, wanting to be sure.

"Just go for it, Mada. You really like her, don't you?" Salisha answered sincerely, encouraging Mada to take the big step.

Mada felt relieved and very motivated by Salisha's support. "Thanks, my wifey. You've given your blessing," he wrote gratefully.

After sending the message to Salisha, Mada got up from his seat and walked over to meet Salisha.

-----

"Come on, guys, to the Prestasi Jaya High School event. The guest stars are awesome! If I could be a guest star, I would. But unfortunately, I'm needed more as a committee member..." Nathan kept rambling on.

"Nat, why do you love doing live IG so much? No one is watching anyway," Salisha asked, puzzled.

"There will be viewers later, Sal."

"MY WIFE!!" Salisha and Nathan turned in unison towards the field and found Mada running towards them with his arms outstretched.

"What's the heck, Mada?" Mada hugged Salisha, who was sitting down.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing? Why are you hugging sali?" " Nathan protested, separating Mada and Salisha, but his hand still held the phone with the ongoing live IG. Without any viewers, of course.

Salisha was also puzzled. It was the first time Mada had hugged her. Although it was probably just part of his mischief.

"What's the problem? She's my wife!" Mada retorted. He was about to hug Salisha again, but Nathan quickly moved in front of Salisha, causing Mada to hug Nathan instead.

"Danm it! I don't want to hug you!" Mada exclaimed after releasing his embrace. Salisha burst into laughter at the sight.

"It's nice to be hugged by you, though," Nathan winked playfully at Mada.

"Disgusting!" Mada exclaimed in disbelief. "Sal, let's go!" Mada now focused his gaze on Salisha.

"Where to, Da?" Nathan asked, curious.

"You're so nosy, Lizard Man!" Mada retorted.

"What's the big deal? Sal is with me now. Just leave us alone," Nathan replied, not wanting to back down.

"Come on, Sal!" Mada grabbed Salisha's hand and pulled her away from the spot. Nathan continued to call Salisha's name, but Mada kept holding onto her hand as they walked away.