𝒩𝒶𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓈 𝒯𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝓇𝓎𝑒𝓃

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒶𝒹 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃

They said Targaryen women were not meant to be happy

They said Targaryen women were not meant to be happy. Every Targaryen woman in history had some tragedy befall on them. Naerys Targaryen was no different. Daughter of Baelon and Viserra Targaryen. She was a beauty and much to her mother's dismay she was kind and good. She was everything Viserra wasn't. She just wanted to be left alone in her own little world. Yet, Viserra loved her daughter nevertheless. Baelon loved his only daughter as well. Viserys and Daemon were for the crown, but Naerys was his alone. His sweet dragon.

Viserra and Baelon did not love each other, they could barely stand one another yet, they were happy when Naerys was there. They wanted happiness and love for their only daughter. Thing was, neither of them would ever be around to see her be truly happy. Princesss Viserra died days after Rhaenyra was born, Naerys was only three at the time but she tied her mother's death to Rhaenyra, as a way of sadness. She would later come to find that Rhaenyra would be a sign of sadness in her life.

Her father died four years later, she was now alone in the world. Daemon was always running off to wars or anywhere he could. Viserys was married and had a family of his own, he had no time for his little sister. The king couldn't look at her and it wasn't because he didn't like her but every time he looked into her eyes he saw the sadness and loneliness she held in them. She also saw the eyes of the daughters he had lost for his own satisfaction.

Queen Alysanne was the only friend she had. After the death of her youngest and last child, the queen held onto Naerys. When Alysanne died just months after Baelon, Naerys truly felt alone and abandoned, not only by her family but the Gods as well. Then, two years later her grandfather died and she was forced to return to King's Landing. When she was ten, ravens arrived for her hand, Viserys didn't consider it, she was still young but there had been a few men her brother thought were suitable for her.

Queen Aemma advised her husband to wait before marrying her off to a Lord who was probably gonna be twice her age but when had Viserys ever listened to anyone that wasn't Otto Hightower. So, when Otto told her Lord Stark was looking for a wife he advised the king it would be a beneficial match. And so, at the age of ten and one the young princess was married off to Lord Stark. Naerys didn't argue nor fought with her brother, instead she smiled and thanked him for the fine match. Queen Aemma and the princess Rhaenys saw the sadness in her eyes, they were women. Out of everyone they understood.

Naerys left King's Landing, her dragons, Hera and Thena flew to Winterfell with her, it was odd but the she dragons found comfort in the coldness of the North, there was a cave big enough to fit many dragons. The Northern people welcomed her and she tried her best to find peace there. She was loved by the people, she was kind and good to the people of Winterfell, to her people. Rickon Stark was young, he was around her age, only a couple of years older than her. He waited a while before bedding but the two knew that sooner rather then later they would have to consummate. Cregan Stark, the heir was born when she was twelve. She was fresh of her ten and two name day.

Despite being young and a child herself princess Naerys loved her son. She went everywhere with him. She did not allow a nursemaid to feed him, she fed him herself. She put him to bed, she sang him Valyrian songs, she taught him the Valyrian language herself. She took him on his first dragon ride when he was two moons old. Hera had laid one egg, one that she gifted her son. And soon enough, the egg hatch, the boy named his dragon, Winter for the formidable beast was as white as the snow with sparkling blue eyes. The young Lord held all the Stark traits but the eyes, the eyes were those of his mother, a dark purple color. She became pregnant just a few months after given birth and a son was born premature and died just days after being born.

When Cregan was two, his brother, prince Baelon was born alongside his twin, Aemon. Naerys was only four and ten. Despite having three sons, the people in King's Landing knew nothing. It had been her wish to keep her children a secret for only the people of the North to know and it wasn't like any of her remaining family had tried to write. That same year, the news of Aemma's pregnancy had reached Winterfell, and her family had been invited to celebrate the birth of the new heir.

Sadly, Rickon Stark passed away a few months after the twins birth. Naerys had gotten pregnant before his death. It seemed like Naerys and Aemma both would be given birth nearly about the same time, although Naerys was at risk of losing the babe due to the stress of her husband's passing. The news of Rickon's passing reached the capital and everyone wrote and gave condolences but she wrote back thanking them and informing them that her husband's funeral would be a private one, there was no need to travel to the North, it was something she and her good brother had agreed on. Rickon and Naerys had picked the two dragon eggs for their sons and one for the child that was to come.

Even though their match had not been one of love, the two had come to love one another and cherished one another. Sadly, he was gone too soon. Naerys became a widow at four and ten, nearly ten and five. Her brother called her back to King's Landing a few months later. She dreaded returning as she knew she would probably be married off to another man. But, she returned nonetheless. She was heavily pregnant and near her time to give birth. Her good brother had stayed behind to watch over the North until her return or until Cregan became of age. Naerys was on seven and a half moons pregnant.

A council meeting had been in session when she arrived. A king's guard walked her over to the meeting and announced her. "The princess Naerys Targaryen and her children, Lord Cregan Stark, Lord Baelon Stark, and Lord Aemon Stark" the men were quiet and shocked. They had been arguing with Daemon about his antics against the men of the city when she had arrived and surprised them all. "Sister!" the king said as he stood up and made his way over to her. She smiled and greeted him, she did not wish to be there but she had missed her brothers. "Brother, it is good to see you" she told. Daemon stood up as well, looking over at his sister and then at her sons. Aemon and Baelon looked more Targaryen from the hair to the eyes. She hoped the next child would look like her husband.

"Sister" Daemon said as he too pulled her in for a hug. The king saw the babes and a wave of sadness watched over him. She had three sons, all healthy they seemed. She had been Aemma's age when she married and had three healthy boys. "My king shall we continue the meeting?" Otto asked and the king waved him off. "No. I wish to spend time with my sister and nephews" everyone nodded and on their way out they greeted, offer their condolences, and congratulated her on her healthy sons and on the one she was expecting.

The king, his brother and sister spend the rest of the day talking and for the first time in years, Naerys felt like she was home, but she should have known that nothing lasts forever, specially for a woman of such stating as hers.

(Not Edited)