Chapter 23

(Bali Bey left. Akbar agreed with the trade relation)

According to Anu's plan, Jodha went to Amer stating to others that she wanted her parents with her as she misses them so much. Ammi Jaan allowed her to go much to the displeasure of Ruqaiya who was against her going stating that Jodha's parents can come to Agra instead. But Jodha said that its the tradition in Amer for the first birth to be in the maternal family instead of the in-laws. 

Anu assured Jodha that she will come soon to meet her as she has not met the Amer family. Akbar made sure that Jodha reached Amer safely.

The Amer family welcomed Jodha happily and blessed her. Jodha told them about Anu. The Amer family was so eager to meet Anu too.

In Agra

Akbar was doing his daily routine when a soldier came and said that Abul Mali has planned an attack on Agra with the help of Begum Maha Chuchak who was the mother of Mirza and stepmother of Akbar.

"If they think that I will sit and watch as they plan to attack my family and subjects, then they underestimate Shahenshah Jalaluddin Mohammed Akbar. Get ready for war." Jalal announced angrily.

Jalal took the harem along with him. The begums packed their necessities and went with Jalal.

The war started and many soldiers were killed. Jalal fought with the army of Kabul courageously but was attacked and got hurt due to Abul Mali's evil plan. Abul Mali kidnapped Jalal and tortured him.

"I will kill you but after I will get your begums." Saying Abul Mali started laughing evilly.

"Don't you dare touch any of them Abul Mali!" Jalal shouted but was hit on the head due to which he fainted.

On the other hand, the camp with begums were getting news about the war. Everyone was worried except for Anu who was praying for Jalal's safety. 

Abul Mali with his army reached the camp of begums. He with an evil plan asked one of soldier to go with the bloodied armor and sword of Jalal and give it to them.

The begums seeing the bloodied armor and sword started to cry as Abul Mali tell them that he killed Jalal who before dying begged him to let him go.

Anu at first cried seeing the bloodied armor wiped her tears as she remembered Abul Mali's evil plan and assured all the begums that Jalal is alive and explained why so. Anu encouraged the begums to fight rather than cry.

"You are right Anu begum, but they are trained soldiers and us." One of the begum said.

"You all are the daughters-in-law of the great Humayun and Babur. All of you are the courageous begums of the great Shahenshah Jalaluddin Akbar. All of us are not weak. Lets show those wolfs out there who we truly are." Anu said.

"Yes, you are right. We are strong. I am with you Anu begum." Ruqaiya begum said wiping her tears.

All the others joined Anu. They all made arrangements to fight Abul Mali and his army.

Abul Mali got enraged hearing that the begums refuse bow to him. He then attacked them but to his astonishment the begums were fighting like a true soldier. They killed many soldiers.

Anu killed many soldiers. Abul Mali seeing Anu attacked her, but he was defeated. He threw sand on Anu before she could slay him and ran away seeing Mughal soldiers along with Malwa soldiers.

Jodha got the news of the war and was praying for her husband and family's safety. 

Jalal who got his conscious back saw a completely bruised Abul Mali. He laughed seeing his state.