Karma, I'm Sorry

We managed to get Jungkook out of there before Jin came to get me. I showed the pictures to Jin and told him.

"It's a boy." I smiled.

"WHAT! Congrats!" He said, hugging me before helping me into his car. He ran around and got into the driver's seat.
"That is so cool. I'm going to have to make you a blue and green and pink cake. Because Pink can be worn and loved by males as well. Look at me, I'm handsome and love pink.. I, my sweet friend, Ellie.... Am a real man." Jin grinned and started the car, driving us home for the day. I texted Sonjia and let her know I'd be in tomorrow, and let her know that my visit today went great.. A boy, I told her it's a boy.
At home I was fine, I showered to get the residue from that gel off of me. Jungkook texted me to let me know he was going to the restaurant and then he'd be home. He didn't need to text me, but I appreciated it.

"So what do you want for dinner tonight? Maybe a nice roast, or are you feeling pasta, or something light?" Jin asked as he browsed the refrigerator and freezer.

"Surprise me?" I replied with a smile.

"Okay. I think I'll whip up some traditional dishes. Kook will love it too." Jin said. "I'm going to have to run out for some ingredients, you should rest, relax for the rest of the day. I'm going to go check on the restaurant and then check on Kook before heading to the store. I'll be back later." He let me know, I nodded and waved to him as he left the apartment.
I made myself a bottle of water and a snack then grabbed the throw blanket from the back of the sofa and got comfy on the couch. I watched some tv and ended up taking a nap. When I woke up, Jin was still out and Jungkook didn't seem to be home yet. But I did have a few text messages from him as well as from Tae and Sonja. I replied to them, telling Jungkook that I was okay and just woke up from a nap. I told him I looked forward to talking to him some more. I also texted Sonja and Tae, letting them know everything went fine and that the baby's sex is male. I smiled as Tae responded back with party emoji and a bunch of blue hearts. Sonja called me.

"OH MY GOD CONGRATS!" She said as I answered my phone.

"Thanks." I laughed as I answered.

"Well this means you absolutely have to get that cute blue jumper we saw when we went shopping." She teased.

"I'm considering it now." I admitted. "So how were things at work?" I asked. Now we had a big client and all of us were working round the clock to find pieces that they requested as well as other Eco friendly furniture and lighting pieces.

"Things are good. We got a lot done thanks to J and Tae." She informed me.

"That's good, what's left?" I asked.

"We just need a few more pieces, I tracked them down though so I'll text those to you and you and Tae can go get them tomorrow. Sound good?" Sonja asked.

"Of course, I'll text him a time to pick me up in the morning then." I replied. We said our goodbyes and before I could even question what I was making for dinner, Jin came home with some bags and a smile on his face.

"I got some things to make you some protein bars, they'll help my little nephew grow big and strong." Jin chuckled as he got to work, making the protein bars for me and he also started dinner. I watched him carefully during dinner. He was making something I'd never tried before. A braised marinated pork, but the marinade was something I couldn't pronounce or read.

"What is this stuff?" I asked, lifting the container. Jin laughed and continued chopping garlic as he added it to the well oiled pan.

"It's supposed to be Gochujang, but you're with child and having something a little spicy like that isn't recommended. So, I'm using a Korean sauce with a little zip, but it's mostly sweet. Almost like a sweeter Ketchup that's less acidic. It's called Samjang. And I'm adding sesame seeds and a little sesame oil for a slightly nutty taste." Jin explained. I watched him add the onions he'd already chopped. He added the meat and only seemed to seer it for a few minutes on each side before he took it off and finished caramelizing the onions.

"So you don't cook it all the way?" I asked. I watched him put it in a pan and he smiled.