Chapter- 25

Ayan tightly clutched Ruhi's hand as soon as Rudra and Abhay entered the police station. The situation was out of control as Ruhi was found drunk when she took the breathalyzer test. Adding to the complication was Ayan, who was a minor and was at an adult's pub at the wrong time, as the police came for a raid after receiving a tip about drug smuggling. To make matters worse, no one was present to be her savior, as Kabir had taken Kavin and Kunal just a few minutes earlier, and Abhinav had done the same with Aarti. She was left alone, standing in a corner, somehow away from the group of crazy patrons who were high on drugs or alcohol.

Ruhi lowered her eyes as she met the intense gazes; one brother gave her an icy cold stare, while the other's eyes were blazing with visible fire. Instinctively, she pushed Ayan protectively behind her as the twins approached them.

"Did you drink?" Rudra asked sternly, making her flinch.

Ruhi stood there, looking at the floor and adding fuel to their anger with her silence.

Abhay grabbed her chin and made her look up. "Don't you dare test my patience. Did you get drunk... yes or no?"

Ruhi gulped and nodded slowly. She closed her eyes, anticipating a slap, but opened them feeling nothing.

"Go and sit in the car!" Rudra ordered, giving her his car keys.

"Jiji, ab kya hoga?" Ayan whispered, scared, as the twins went to talk with the inspector. He had never seen his brothers this angry... ever!

Ruhi draped her hand around his shoulder. "Kuch nahi kiddo. Bas meri aarti hogi, bhog lagega acha sa and then..." She shrugged casually.

Ayan looked at her blaffed, "Bhaiya aur Bhaiyu kitne gusse mein hain, aapko dar nahi lag raha?"

Ruhi chuckled, "I am immune to that...you don't worry." She was more interested in maintaining her cool reputation in the eyes of the kid, but deep down, she wished for an earthquake to come or to somehow vanish into the thin air!

"This won't be repeated, Inceptor. We will make sure of that. And my sister was not on drugs; you might have tested it already, so just ensure this news doesn't get out," Rudra said in his usual tone.

The inspector nodded, "We have already tested it, Mr. Khanna, and it's clear. But make sure your brother doesn't go to such places; he is just a minor. And your sister, even though she is an adult, make sure she doesn't get into trouble like this. This is her second time being drunk; luckily, this time I found her in the pub itself, not on the road driving."

Abhay and Rudra frowned, while Ruhi, who was about to step out of the station, froze and spun around in a snap. She so wished to shoot that inspector who was about to spill the beans, and she would end up riding hell...

"What do you mean?" Abhay asked.

"Just two months back, I found your sister driving when she was drunk. Though she was not high, she was still drunk, which was unsafe, and the speed itself was not normal at all," the inspector explained.

Ruhi winced as she saw Abhay clench his fist, while Rudra clenched his jaw. Both of them were holding back just for the sake that they were in public, or she was sure by now her ears might have been ringing.

The twins nodded and completed the formalities before stepping out. Ruhi was on her phone, which was suddenly snatched from her hands by Abhay, making her jump in her place.

"Sit in the car. NOW!" Rudra growled, pulling back Abhay. They don't have to display everything to the world.

Ruhi immediately complied and sat beside Ayan in the back seat. He clutched onto her again, hugging her. Ruhi sighed and pulled him closer; she understood his fear. He was new to all this anger, and above all, he was always treated like a pampered prince. The protective feeling in her just increased!